Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Forex down??
Author Topic: Forex down?? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 11:32 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Hi,

All of a sudden, I can't receive any forex updates. History comes in fine, but updates have been nowhere to be seen for about a day and a half now. Anyone know what's up? Is the feed down, or is this something to do with the new api?

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 11:41 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Earik,

No problems that we are aware of. I am using the new beta IQFeed 2.3.0.4 with DTN.IQ and am getting streaming HotSpot and Barclays. Let us know what symbols you are looking at. Also, have you looked at the new IQFeed yet? It should be much better for your users once released.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 12:53 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Hi Jay,

I'm using the production release (2.3.0.1), and it happens on all forex requests. HEURUSD, BEURUSD, HGBPUSD, BGBPUSD, etc. Are your forex quotes up in that release? I'll move over to 2.3.0.4 soon, but have to wait until you're out of beta before I can bring everyone on board.

Thanks,

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 02:28 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Earik,

There shouldn't be anything that would break the previous version for Forex. It is still working in 2.3.0.1. The only thing I can think of is your permissioning isn't there for Forex which is a premium feed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 03:18 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
It's not permissioning, because it happens across multiple accounts and users that are all set up and have had it working a week ago. Besides, history is totally fine, it's just the live updates that are missing. It's like the request goes out, history comes in, and then it's totally dead from that point out. I figured you guys must have changed something on the server end, but I guess not. Not sure what to tell the forex guys...

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 05:18 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Earik,

Have you tried to look at Forex data in the sample applications that came with IQFeed developer? Or, try to telnet into port 5009 and watch a symbol to see if you are getting data. If you are getting historical data, that request is obviously working. Setting the watch list on the symbol must be the issue.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 14, 2005 12:45 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
Hi Jay,

I just tried watching it using the sample app IQWatchQuote.exe, and I'm getting the same thing in that program. Everything else streams in fine, but Forex is totally dead... Seems like the fix would be to just move over to 2.3.0.4 which is working, but I don't think I can release that to customers yet so I'm not sure what to do here.

Earik

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 7:21 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003