Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Instability with C# getting historical data on 9100
Author Topic: Instability with C# getting historical data on 9100 (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

gregsemple
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 21, 2005 08:55 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi,

I'm getting an "Unknown Win32 Exception" while using the sockets interface to historical data. If I comment out the following code, I experience no stability problems:

TcpClient client = new TcpClient("127.0.0.1", 9100);
client.Close();

So, somehow opening the socket causes a crash? I wouldn't believe it but I saw another post about this exact same problem, for instance a post on Oct 2004 by frankzhou, where he provided complete source code to reproduce the problem.

Is this fixed now? I'm using 2.3.0.2, so is this just an issue specific to the beta? If not, is there a proposed workaround? If there is no workaround, can we get this as a "hot fix" - it makes my application pretty unusable since I can't actually get historical data :)

Greg

gregsemple
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 25, 2005 11:15 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
I'm following up here since I haven't received a reply.

I didn't see this issue in your buglist at http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/buglist.cfm, does that mean you do not believe this instability is a problem with IQFeed?

Getting frustrated here, thanks for any replies.

gregsemple
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 25, 2005 12:06 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Alright, for anyone else experiencing difficulty with this problem, here is my workaround.

Basically, use the socket interface for all interaction with IQ Feed (historical data or otherwise), and have a separate "server" process call RegisterClientApp/RemoveClientApp. Having the ActiveX component isolated in the other process fixed about 3-4 stability issues I was having, including a crash on exit. Seems to be something flawed in the connection point disconnect logic, judging from the stack traces. Having a constantly-running server seems to get around these issues.

As a bonus, you get around the nasty bug where a crash in your application causes you to have to manually kill the IQConnect.exe process in order to get further historical data (since the next time you call RegisterClientApp, it won't re-establish the history socket).

Time: Wed May 8, 2024 8:50 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003