Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »E-CBOT Halted
Author Topic: E-CBOT Halted (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 09:40 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Due to technical difficulties at the exchange, trading was halted at 9.20 a.m. CST for the all E-CBOT products until further notice.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

ntron
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 09:46 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Thanks DTN!!!! Now I have a valid excuse to why I am losing money.

ntron
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 10:43 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
It really was CBOT's fault, thought it was a problem with DTN at first.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 10:57 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
All e-CBOT trading is expected to resume at 11:10am CST today.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

nsolot2
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 12:25 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
I did... but not for long.

No question about it. Jay & Co are off the hook on this one. Sure hope they get this fixed up before the Bears win their next Superbowl.

nsolot2
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 01:17 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
The Associated Press - Monday, March 07, 2005
CHICAGO

The Chicago Board of Trade had an on-again, off-again Monday.

The exchange's electronic trading system shut down at 9:20 a.m. Monday for nearly two hours because of sporadic outages. Then, after being online for 20 minutes, it shut down again at 11:30 a.m., said CBOT spokeswoman Melissa Jarmel.

Board of Trade officials said only electronic financial contracts were affected.

"It was determined that a temporary trading halt was deemed appropriate in order to maintain consistent and fair access for all market participants," a CBOT statement said.

Open outcry trading - where traders shout out their buy or sell offers on the floor - continued as usual, Jarmel said.

The Chicago-based exchange trades futures and options on agricultural and financial products. About 65 percent of CBOT's total trading volume is done electronically, but most of those contracts are also traded on the floor and weren't affected by the system's electronic problems, Jarmel said.

Officials do not know what caused the outages.

The electronic glitches caused Canada's Winnipeg Commodity Exchange to stop trading, said Winnipeg spokesman Mike Gagne. Winnipeg, an agricultural futures and options exchange, switched to electronic trading in 2004 and trades about two million contracts a year.

The CBOT also hosts trade for some contracts on the Kansas City Board of Trade and the Minneapolis Grain Exchange. Only one KCBOT contract was affected by the shutdown. Messages left with the Minneapolis exchange were not immediately returned.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 10:21 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003