Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »IQFeed with Sierra Chart - how to export?
Author Topic: IQFeed with Sierra Chart - how to export? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mooq
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 02:13 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
I have Sierra Chart as my charting with IQFeed. I want to maintain a database of my own containing markets I watch with a granularity of one second (don't need all the ticks). If I export from sierra chart, it exports all data from 2006 which is OK for my first export but I need to refresh the data weekly.

I'm wondering if there's a way to get it directly from IQFeed or by using DDE with Excel or something like that? I want:
Symbol,Date,Time,Open, High, Low, Close, Vol

for each second.

I then want to be able to update this weekly by refreshing my database somehow. Would appreciate any ideas.

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 03:18 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Moog

If you use the EXCEL it will only pull in the tick-by-tick data.
You will need a time and sales application that pulls data in 1 second time captures.
From the IQFeed you can request the data in 1 second time blocks.

We have some developer tools that will do the work but nothing available in the regular softwares.

There are some 3rd party softwares that may have the capability to capture the data you are looking for.

ariknoi
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 12:56 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
are there any open source software for capture tick data?
thanks

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 04:54 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
The only open source software I am aware of that implements IQFeed is TradeLink (https://code.google.com/p/tradelink/) but I do not know much about it's capabilities.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 10:19 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003