Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »What is times of day are reported by HDT request?
Author Topic: What is times of day are reported by HDT request? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mklein9
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:21 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Yesterday (11/30/2011) IWM's low of the day is reported by HDT as 69.6486. Using HIT on 1-minute intervals over regular trading hours, the LOD is 72.15. I was monitoring it interactively for most of the day and am quite certain it never came close to 69.65. Even for an hour before and after RTH, the HIT 1-minute lows don't show anything close to 69.65.

I have not found documentation that explicitly says over what time of the day HDT reports daily data. Is it RTH? If so, why is yesterday's LOD so far off? If not, what are the hours HDT reports on?

(BTW, Yahoo's LOD also is 69.65; must be from the same source)

Thanks,

-Mike

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 1, 2011 03:29 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Mike, we have tracked the low price to being an Average Price trade. Normally that type of trade doesn't set a last price (we are investigating why it did in this case). Relating this to your other post, the volume for this trade would have been sent through in an 'o' message but you wouldn't have recieved this price in the streaming feed either (and it doesn't exist in ticks currently).

To answer your actual question, the daily data should account for trades that apply to RTH.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 12:14 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Hello Mike,

After further digging, we need to clarify a little. The trade in question that set the low for the day was not an Average Price Trade, as Steve earlier mentioned (and we first thought). The trade was executed at 69.6486 but not reported through the system at the time of trade. It was inserted later by the exchange with a trade condition of “out of sequence”. Because it is out of sequence it is not displayed as a last and does not get into history. It was a valid trade and the exchange deems it capable of setting the low for the day.

In general, when you see these odd situations, but the highs and lows of various data sources agree, there is usually a valid exchange-based reason.

mklein9
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 04:19 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the update, but this just really doesn't sound right, does it?

Looking at the minute data for 11/30/11 the LOD is 72.15. This transaction is at 69.6486, 3.47% lower than any other recorded trade during the day for a high liquidity instrument. No other data source that I've looked at (not in an exhaustive fashion though) has the 69.6486 price even being approached during the day.

Is it possible that the "out of sequence" meant it was from a previous day? The prior two days were certainly in that price range. If so, then the DTN HDT results are really unreliable as they would be mixing trade data across different days if such out of order trades occur. As of today HDT is still reporting 69.65 low for 11/30/11.

-Mike
Edited by mklein9 on Dec 27, 2011 at 04:27 PM

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 04:53 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Hi Mike,

Yes, it is possible that the "out of sequence" trade came from another day.
DTN and other data vendors report the out of sequence trade as it comes from
the exchange - it is not something that we are at liberty to alter.

Time: Sat June 15, 2024 6:24 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003