Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »#C futures contracts
Author Topic: #C futures contracts (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

josh
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 10:53 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I use QCL# to see the continuous crude oil futures contract. This shows the contract without rollover gaps. However, it also does not show the actual traded prices (for example, it shows the high in CL back in 2008 as $191, and it never traded that high). I have heard that the #C contract adjusts this--is this correct?

I tried to use QCL#C but Investor RT did not recognize it. What am I missing?
Is the #C contract back-adjusted, whereas the standard continuous contract (QCL#) is not?

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 08:21 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello Josh, Since you are running Investor RT they actually re-map the continuous contract symbols to look at the #C symbols instead. So what you are seeing on QCL# is actually QCL#C data which is back adjusted to minimize gaps between contracts.

If you would like to separate these out, you will need to add a line to the Configuration File within Investor RT. To do this, go to File, Open, Configuration File. Once that has opened enter this line at the bottom of what is already there; DTNADJUSTEDCONTINUOUSFUTURES=FALSE
Once entered into the configuration file, click on the arrow in the upper left corner and select Save. Once it has been save you can close that window, and from there you will need to re-download the data for QCL# so it will pull the non-back-adjusted futures data, then you should be able to use QCL#C for the back-adjusted data as well.

If you have any addtional problems or questions please contact us here in Support.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

josh
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 01:50 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thank you Curtis for your fast reply.

This answers a part of my question; however, there is one more question I have. When I used to use ninjatrader for charting, there was an option in the setup for IQFeed to "use back-adjusted data" and this would produce a contract which showed the prices which were actually traded at the time-- for example, crude oil did not trade to $190, but the QCL# contract I'm seeing shows that. How can I get this other contract?

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 02:47 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hello Josh, within NinjaTrader 7, the "use Back-adjusted data" setting will essentially do the same thing that IRT is doing in when you use the Continuous contract or CL ##-## within Ninjatrader in that it will look at the QCL#C rather than the QCL# non-adjusted continuous data. Unfortunately I do not know of any way of being able to look at both the back-adjusted and non-back-adjusted continuous contracts within NinjaTrader at the same time.

The only way to do so would be to have two separate IQFeed connections configured within NinjaTrader; one for the non-back-adjusted continuous contracts, and one for using the back-adjusted continuous contracts.

To disable the "Use Back-adjusted data" go to Tools, Account Connections, locate your IQFeed connection on the list and click on Settings. Follow the steps till you get to where it asks for the User ID and Password for IQFeed, and uncheck the checkbox for the "use back-adjusted data" and finish stepping through to Finish. Once completed, you can create another IQFeed connection with that same setting checked if you so wish to do so.

Note: You will still not be able to use both of the connections at the same time to view both continuous contracts as it will pull data from the first connection and not look at the secondary connection (exception is if you lose connection to the first one then it will use the secondary connection.)

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

Time: Sat June 15, 2024 8:40 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003