Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Reccomendations
Author Topic: Reccomendations (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

debuse
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 05:15 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
I talked to support today and they reccoended that I use this venue to give you my reccomendations for programming.

#1 As a daytrader it is imperative that I have an UPTODATE list of the TIMES and upcomming Ecconomic Reports for the day. ESPECIALLY those which occur AFTER the Market opens! Without them, you will find yourself "bushwacked" by news hitting the floor.

The fact is, that by the time you and I actually KNOW what is in any report it is usually to late. That's not your fault nor my fault. It is how the game is played. That is why savy Traders tend to be flat going into any report.

Obviously, you can't do that if you don't know what time reports are due!

It would also be nice if you would have ONE site where you had :

REPORT TIME FORCAST RESULT

On the old "Main Menu Page" you had to access two different topics to do this.

#2 It would be excedingly helpful if you had a CHARTABLE symbol for @es Mini-S&P TICK.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope it helps you in your endeavors to make DTN even better. I've been a subscriber since 95 and would be lost without it.

Bill DeBuse
PS. If you want to respond, you will have to E-Mail me. Some years ago I totally abandoned "Chat Rooms" as I found them as being to distractive. Regards, WAD

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 08:21 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Thank you for your comments Bill.

We do have a schedule of economic reports that is available in the new Calendars and Reports segment on page 6. This will tell you the date and time of each report coming out over the week. It is updated on Friday for the following weeks reports and includes the prior report numbers and forcasts if available.

The actual reports are then available on page 1-5 of the Calendars and Reports segment when the editors are able to get the report pulled down, edited, and sent out. However, there is usually a headline in the Breaking News headlines segment as soon as the report is released with the guts of the numbers.

As for the Emini Tick, I was hoping you can elaborate a bit on your usage of such a symbol. Usually, the TICK symbols, which we have for the exchanges, provide a single symbol to see general movement of all issues making up that symbol. In the case of the Emini S&P, it is a single symbol alone and shouldn't need summarization. You can chart the movement of the individual symbol already.

Any clarification is appreciated.

As for email, all you need to do is choose to have any threads you start emailed to you and the forums system will take care of it for you. You can add this to your setting in the profile you setup on our forums.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 2:16 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003