Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »I would love to have all the c# examples you have...
Author Topic: I would love to have all the c# examples you have... (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

otterway
-Interested User-

If the world was so simple

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 01:37 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
New to the board as well as new to the developer side... Please include me in on the c# examples... I would love as many that exist... It's not that I'm Stoop..... Id... but the more ways I see something... the easier it is... and the ole saying... Don't try to re-invent the wheel... cause it still works!!!!!

daddyolle
-Interested User-

Posted: May 5, 2010 10:50 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
I am in the same boat. I started Monday. I am using Visual Studio 2010 and 2008. So I spent Monday converting the all the samples. The only C# sample which uses the com object, but that doesn't work in what was distributed or the converted sample "Class not registered" run time exception.

I looked at the samples from ONE_UNIFIED, but for me since they do not include all of the libraries it is incomplete. I tried to piece together a class file that would compile, but since I don't have all of their files I am having to guess how and in what order they are running everything. And to top it off these samples are written with IQ32.dll which I understand is going away.

I am kind of stuck... I keep going back and forth between the ONE_UNIFIED, the C++ and the VB examples wondering which one I can use or start to translate. Samples for C# would of course be awsome, but it doesn't look like there are any and all the sockets examples are using IQ32.dll which seems out of date.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

otterway
-Interested User-

If the world was so simple

Posted: May 5, 2010 11:05 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
I have both 2010 and 2005 working on Sockets C#... I must assume that you have the c# examples.... The first one to work on would be connect to iqfeed... using sockets... 9300 admin... then 5009 and then 9100... Once you get 1 socket... the rest will follow... the only difference is you will need to understand that pieces of data will come to you... and you will have to ensure they are together... email me if i can be of further help... i will do my best...

daddyolle
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2010 12:34 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Thank you otterway. This helped a ton. I am already repricing my portfolio on-demand real-time. This was a huge time saver to me.

Thanks again

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 1:54 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003