Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »MISSING PAGES including Merc &CBOT volume and open interest info.!
Author Topic: MISSING PAGES including Merc &CBOT volume and open interest info.! (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

crazyhorse
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2004 11:50 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
What is UP with the new program? Every trader I know RELIES on volume and open interest as a critical piece of decision-making info. before placing a trade.
This new system has ELIMINATED the following: "Financials-Treasuries,Currencies, and Commodities" which was the only page that included volume and open interest for futures. And:(page): "Stocks-U.S. and International Equities Market Overview" which provided and hourly snapshot and summary of vol. for S&P cash, Dow, etc and final trade volume, as well as where international markets closed including high,low and last for the Dow.
I was promised that DTN's new system would include the same info. as the old system. Clearly this has not proven to be the case, and I am angry and feel that I have been decieved. and I want this corrected!
I am not alone! When I phoned DTN, tech said there have been NUMEROUS calls from folks complaining about the exact same problem.We require this problem corrected!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 14, 2004 10:37 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
You are not alone Crazyhorse. Like you, the other customers who have contacted us, have posted to our forums. This allows everyone to post their comments and be heard.

The pages you mention are quote data pages. We compiled data and updated it on an hourly or less often basis, manually. We did this off of quote data that we transmit and is available programmable in quote pages or through or PC software interfaces. I had no idea people preferred to see data on a much delayed snapshot as opposed to using the streaming real time data (in the case of indexs) we provide. But then maybe that is why many customers don't seem to be concerned about losing Financial Futures and currency data on our slower satellite channel.

We are going to be looking at adding some of these pre-made quote pages back next week.

I am not sure who promised the new news provider would provide the same info. It in fact offers much more comprehensive and tradeable data. Most of the data we used to provide is still available, it is just in a different format. We delivery it faster, but maybe not in the concise tables you were used to. We have, and will continue to work on providing the content our customers need. In my discussions with traders, real time news (as opposed to delayed summaries) was critical to the decision making process. Thats why other real time news services offering 1/10th the content as us charge $95+ per month for news only.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Gene
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 18, 2004 01:45 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
The promise that the information would be the same was from your "special statement"
found on the Spectrum system.. I am glad I have not changed, but I am VERY disappointed by current content.. By not having the earning reported despite strong user protest, I can only wonder if you are part of a conspiracy to cover up bad reports due to the oil price increase and thus help the funds unload on the individual traders.. Does any one know of other information providers I could use instead?
Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 18, 2004 01:54 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
This http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=207 is the statement that was posted on the spectrum system. I don't see anything that talks about the information being the same.

I can assure you we aren't part of a conspiracy. We are unbiased and provide real time news on both positive and negative earnings. The topic of this thread is regarding the Merc and CBOT info. We are still working to see about providing this static page again.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 4, 2004 08:55 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
The Merc and CBOT volume and Open interest pages are now back on the Satellite system. We have moved them to the Derivatives Segment on pages 12 and 20. Page 12 has the Merc volume and open interest, while 20 has the CBOT and other exchanges.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 4:57 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003