Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »4.2.0.7 iqconnect.exe crash
Author Topic: 4.2.0.7 iqconnect.exe crash (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jxz1995
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2007 12:18 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Hi Support,

After installation of the new 4.2.0.7, we are experiencing the crashing of iqconnect sometime.

Our application(using C# .NET Framwork 2.0) running very smooth until the new version 4.2.0.7 iqfeed installed. It is not always crash. It happens most after closing our applicaton, sometime after losing the internet connection.

We are using level1 and history bar data for M1, M5 and Day only, no Level2, no news. We are using both iqfeedY COM (our current produciton version) and iq32.dll socket(our beta version) to get the level1 data, using socket to get history data. Both current production which using COM to get level1 and beta version which is using socket to get level1 are getting the same error.

The error is

Title :Miscrosfot Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Program Files\DTN\IQFeed\iqconnect.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The following error happens more. It is windows general error message box.

Title: IQConnect Application
Message: IQCoonect APplication has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvernicence.

Thank you.
Jim

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 20, 2007 01:10 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
Which version of IQFeed were you using previously?

When you say "It happens most after closing our applicaton, sometime after losing the internet connection. "

Do you mean that it sometimes happens (not everytime) when closing your app after losing your connection?

Or, do you mean that it sometimes happens when closing and also sometimes when you lose your connection?

jxz1995
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2007 02:13 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
Steve,

1. Version 4.1.2 before the 4.2.0.7

2. Right. Not always, about 1 out of 5 times when I close the application, speicially after long time(a couple of hours) running.

Thanks,
Jim

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 28, 2007 03:33 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
I saw the same problem. iqconnect.exe crashes at closing after running long time or, it becomes memory resident process even after the invoking process exited

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 28, 2007 05:34 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
Me too. This is what I was trying to report here:
http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1361

The problem still exists. It does seem to be 1 out of 5 times for me too. The longer the app has been running, the greater chance it has of crashing.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 3, 2007 05:40 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
My first run with 4.2.1.4 (which was just a quick startup and shutdown with my app) crashed on exit of my application. The error is:

"Unhandled exception 0x0040ea11 in iqconnect.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x012b76f0"

The call stack seems to be:

iqconnect.exe!0040ea11
iqconnect.exe!0040baf8
iqconnect.exe!0041c8eb
iqconnect.exe!00408205
user32.dll!7343e53f

I can now make it crash every time my application exits (I start, it brings up various charts, I exit, it crashes).

I can provide the IQConnectLog.txt file if you'd like. There's nothing unusual--I watch a bunch of stuff, unwatch it, and then quit.

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: May 3, 2007 08:21 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Fortunately (for me anyway), 4214 worked fine doing my end-of-day data collection.

I experimented a little:
1. just a connect and disconnect to and from the manager.
2. connect, watch & unwatch all naz symbols, disconnect
3. connect, get today's daily summary recs (via history) for all naz symbols, disconnect

I also tried, from within the Delphi IDE, abnormally terminating my app while a connection was still open and quiet (nothing was being watched and no history was being retrieved). The connection manager went away quietly and completely.

FullyArticulate: did you try any of the IQFeed demo apps?

jkd
Edited by kdresser on May 3, 2007 at 08:22 PM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 3, 2007 08:31 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
FullyArticulate,

One thing to check, is to search your entire machine for any IQ32.dll files. If you have more than one, this may be the issue. What has worked for a lot of people is to uninstall IQFeed. Scan your hard drive for iq32.dll and delete all you find. Then reinstall. Give this a shot and report back. It may be a long shot, but I am curious if this is what is biting you as well. We tried to make the installer a bit more intelligent about this, but it doesn't seem to catch every scenario.

If you are still having problems after this, our support folks will get on the phone with you tomorrow (and possibly Steve) to see if we can figure out what could be causing it and what we can do to fix it.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 3, 2007 09:57 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
The demo (.exe) apps work just fine for me. The Java example works fine for me too (although it doesn't allow me to monitor realtime symbols).

I'm wondering if this is a combination realtime and Java-specific termination problem?

At least I can make it crash at-will now. :-)

I did as you asked:
1) uninstall IQFeed
2) Remove all the IQ32.dll files on my hard drives
3) Reinstall IQFeed (Developer edition)

It still crashes.

jawikker
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2007 11:44 AM          Msg. 10 of 11
I also have the same problem with IQFeed 4.2. The C++ runtime complains that it was unexpectedly asked to terminate. It doesn't have to take a long time, sometimes within 15 minutes of running. It has gotten progressively worse, I had it installed for about a week with no problems. But now crashing every 15 minutes. Reinstalling IQFeed nor restarting computer makes any difference.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 10, 2007 01:33 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
This is most likely an issue of bad history data in the servers...

There is another thread with some more info here:
http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1563

Thus far, every report I've investigated today was a result of requesting daily history on one of the symbols in that thread.

Our server team is looking into the cause of the bad data as we speak.

--edited to add--

I believe that this particular thread is about a different issue. So until I hear otherwise, I am going to assume that the issue in this thread is still "open".

jawikker, if you are not requesting daily history on these symbols, please let me know.

Edited by DTN_Steve_S on May 10, 2007 at 01:36 PM

Time: Sun May 19, 2024 12:53 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003