Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Lav2018
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 31, 2018 03:26 PM
Interests:
Email: tyler.durazzo@gmail.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Lav2018 has contributed to 10 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 2,228 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » avoiding settlement "ticks" for futures Oct 31, 2018 03:26 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks, Steve.

Consider the following situation:
15:14:59 @ES# trades for 2500.00
15:15:02 @ES# settles for 2500.25
15:15:05 I start a trades-only watch on @ES# with command "t[@ES#]"

I will then immediately receive Summary Message at 15:15:05. In that Summary Message, what will the values of the following fields be:

Extended Trade
Last
Most Recent Trade
Message Contents

IQFeed Developer Support » avoiding settlement "ticks" for futures Oct 31, 2018 01:46 AM (Total replies: 3)

I have seen other data providers send out "ticks" that give the settlement price for the future contract each day at closing; these ticks have a volume of 0. I do not want these ticks.

I only want to follow ticks that represent actual trades taking place on the exchange. What's the best way to achieve this? Would it be the Extended Trade field?

On this same topic, in dealing with @ES# can you tell me the difference between the Extended Trade fields and Last fields? I understand their difference in terms of stocks, but not futures.

Data and Content Support » historical data files containing large gaps Oct 1, 2018 08:35 PM (Total replies: 4)

Sounds reasonable. I will let you know if I find others. Thanks.

Data and Content Support » historical data files containing large gaps Oct 1, 2018 09:13 AM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks.

Will it be possible for your team to identify other days and other contracts that have this same problem? I was only checking 25 symbols for 1 month. I think it is likely that this happens with other contracts and on other roll dates.

Data and Content Support » historical data files containing large gaps Sep 29, 2018 12:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am very happy with the live data that IQfeed provides, but the historical data appears to have major issues.

How are historical files maintained and checked for accuracy? I tried downloading 25 symbols (minute bars from September 3 to September 28), and 14 out of 25 files were missing the entire trading day of September 20. I can't say all other bars were present, but missing an entire day was obvious.

The symbols missing data were:
SMM#
STG#
STM#
STN#
STO#
@XAB#
@XAE#
@XAF#
@XAI#
@XAK#
@XAP#
@XAU#
@XAV#
@XAY#

I brought up the missing data for @XAE# to support staff, and they have since fixed it. However, the symbols SMM, STG, STM, STN, STO all remain incomplete.

Is there an easy explanation for the errors? I would like to think that I can rely on the data, but right now I feel responsible for finding gaps and reporting them to you. I am not in the best position to find gaps, and therefore worry that many others may exist in the data.

IQFeed Developer Support » chronological order of ticks received? Apr 19, 2018 04:34 AM (Total replies: 1)

Am I safe with the assumption that the messages I receive for one symbol will be in chronological order, or do I need to code for the possibility that an exchange or IQFEED may send a tick out of chronological order occasionally?

Particularly, if my requests are

S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Most Recent Trade,Most Recent Trade Time
t@ES#

Will Most Recent Trade always be the most recent? Or do I need to use CPU checking its timestamp against the previous tick's timestamp?

Data and Content Support » Can't Connect via iqconnect.exe Apr 19, 2018 12:04 AM (Total replies: 10)

I ran into this same problem. Found this thread in a search. I fixed my problem already, but for anyone just starting out with the API:

the example on http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/docs52/InitializingTheFeed.cfm has small typo so can't copy/paste it into your code and replace with your parameters

IQConnect.exe ?product YOUR_PRODUCT_HERE?version 1.0.0.0 ?login 100000 ?password 1234 ?autoconnect

It is missing a space between YOUR_PRODUCT_HERE and -version. Once I fixed that it works.

IQFeed Developer Support » C# sample program for Leve1Socket Apr 5, 2018 02:51 PM (Total replies: 5)

Makes sense. Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » C# sample program for Leve1Socket Apr 4, 2018 08:55 PM (Total replies: 5)

I've found all of the sample C# programs very helpful and the comments make for easy following. I have one question about the Level1Socket program.

In Level1SocketForm.cs, lines 201-202 are:

// move on to the next message. This isn't very efficient but it is simple (which is the focus of this example).
sData = sData.Substring(sLine.Length + 1);

Do you have any examples showing more efficient ways? If not, can you please point me towards a better solution. Thank you.

IQFeed Developer Support » How are derivative bars built? Mar 15, 2018 04:57 AM (Total replies: 1)

I have a few technical questions regarding derivative bars in IQfeed. Apologies if I missed this information in the documentation, but I could not find it.

1. Lets say I have requested streaming bars with an interval of 60 seconds. In the messages my client receive, what will [DateTime] represent? Will it be the start time of the interval or the end time of the interval? E.g. Would 12:00:00 be for interval 2:00:00 to 12:00:59, or interval 11:59:01 to 12:00:00?

2. Within IQFeed, what determines when a bar is "finished" being built and sent out to my client? Is it my internal computer clock, IQfeed's server clock, or timestamps on ticks? If it is timestamps of ticks, then I suppose the bar won't be sent to the client until a tick with timestamp OUTSIDE that interval has arrived. That could cause delays in instruments with low volume.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 2:23 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003