Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: kleelof
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 05:56 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
kleelof has contributed to 23 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.11%) in 5,081 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Data Sep 6, 2010 05:56 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

Nevermind about all of this. I spent the weekend figuring it out.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Open/Closed/Holiday Sep 6, 2010 05:54 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hello,

Is there any easy way to determine if the market is open/closed and if it is closed for a holiday?

For the open/close, I've been checking the timestamps. But I have no idea how to detect a holiday.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Data Sep 3, 2010 05:46 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

I have just started working with your historical data. I'm not clear about a couple of things(using COM):

ReqHistoryIntervalTimeframe - What's the difference between BeginDateTime and BeginFilterTime?

DatapointsPerSend - It says the default is 2500, but each call has "(defaults to 10 if not specified)" in the explanation.

Several of the calls have 'Required' next to some of the fields, but actually, at least with the COM, they are all required. How do you leave a field UNDEFINED?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » T,AIZ Jul 16, 2010 10:14 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hello,

The app starts by requesting about 60 stocks. Then every 1 - 3 seconds, for 30 minutes, it issues a force request for 70 - 100% of them. Three times that I caught the message, it was always for this one stock, and only that one day. And it has not happened under normal circumstances. Normal circumstances being only processing live feeds pushed from IQFeed, not messages generated by a forced request.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » T,AIZ Jul 15, 2010 11:44 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hello,

1 - yes.
2- Yes, however, this was a response to a TCP/IP fSYMBOL request.
3 - this is the only symbol that was returned like this, and it was not everytime.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » T,AIZ Jul 14, 2010 08:43 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hello,

I've been getting this message today:

T,AIZ,,1.56,,,,03/01/2010,972.1,111827,525190, , ,,n,14,4,6321,32.36,1,7,06/21/2010,07/14/2009,06/21/2010,02/12/2010,29.48,,,,,525190,,

Is 'T' used for anything other than the time stamp? I am only pulling Level1 data.

lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Windows Server 2003 Jul 13, 2010 10:27 PM (Total replies: 6)

Even just some psuedo code would be fine...

IQFeed Developer Support » Windows Server 2003 Jul 13, 2010 10:26 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hello,

Thanks.

The dataAvail event I understand. But the second part I don't.

Sorry. This is my first socket system on .NET, so I am not so quick with it. Would it be possible for you to post a code snippet showing this process?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Windows Server 2003 Jul 13, 2010 06:10 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hello,

Here is a detailed explanation of what I have done:

I originally wrote the app using the com component. When I ran it on my development system, everything looked good. CPU usage was OK. Memory usage was OK. But as soon as I put it the 2k3 server, the stats went to crap during market time. The CPU usage and memory got so bad, the app crashed. Nothing like this happened when I ran it on my development machine.

Yesterday, I read on the forums that the COM component can become overworked and slow down an application, so I switched to TCP/IP. On the development server, it ran much better. It was using about 1/2 the CPU and 70% or less of the memory the previous set-up. However, when I put it on the 2k3 server, the memory immediately shot-up to 600,000k. Something it did not do on my XP machine. I was running it during market time on both machines. Now that the market is closed, it is running OK on the 2k3 server. So, obviously the problem lies somewhere in its processing of the feeds. But I'm really stumped why it works OK on my development system, but not on the 2k3 server.

So I suppose my question is if anyone knows of any significant differences between the 2 operating systems that I should be taking into account. Could it just be a hardware problem? The following are the stats on the machines:

Development:
XP Pro
2g memory
Intel Pen. Dual 2.20g

2k3:
1g memory
INtel Xeon Single 2.27g

Also, as a side note; I've noticed from reading the forums that people have often had problems that were related to handling the traffic volume from IQFeed. Could you post some tips and tricks on how to handle this? I think the system I have is pretty clean, but who knows. At the very least, it may save other new developers the set-backs associated with weak handling of this traffic.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Windows Server 2003 Jul 13, 2010 03:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hello,

Anyone here have experience building an app that works on Windows Server 2003?

I've built this app that runs beautifully on my development machine, but falls apart once it is on WS2003.

The system is on a 'Cloud' server, with 1GB ram, 2.xxmhz single core processor. I know there is a hardware difference. My development machine runs XP with 2GB ram, 2.xx mhz dual core processor.

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Market open/closed Jul 10, 2010 11:58 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hello,

Is there anything in the feeds that tells if different markets are open or closed?

lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Watch Symbol renewal Jun 14, 2010 09:08 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello,

Thanks. Is there anything I should keep in mind when my app makes several hundred watch requests when it first connects?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Watch Symbol renewal Jun 12, 2010 10:34 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hello,

I just ran the following test:

I launched the Level1Socket sample. I set to watch a stock. I triggered the command to list watched stocks. the stock I watched was there. I closed the app, launched it again, triggered the command to list the watched stocks and the stock I selected was not there.

I also tried launching 2 instances of the Level1Socket sample. When I selected stocks to watch on one instance of the app, they don't show-up on the the other instance of the Level1Socket when I list the watched stocks.

So, I've come to the following conclusions:

IQFeed does not have a 'memory'. The symbols you want to watch have to be entered fresh each time you launch an application.

The watch is not associated with the single account, but rather with each individual app that is attached to IQConnector.

Is this correct?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » TCP/IP connection Jun 7, 2010 05:58 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hello,

I posted this message once, but for some reason, I cant see the title in the message listings:

Hello,

I am using the following VB code to send a request via TCP/IP :

Public Sub sendCommand(ByVal command As String)
Debug.WriteLine("sendCommand: " + command)
command = command + Chr(13) + Chr(10)
'Dim responseString As String = "Connected to server."
Dim sendBytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(command)
networkStream.Write(sendBytes, 0, sendBytes.Length)

End Sub

I am not getting any response from the server. Is this the correct technique to send a request to the IQConnector using TCP/IP?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Jun 5, 2010 02:46 AM (Total replies: 0)

Hello,

I am using the following VB code to send a request via TCP/IP :

Public Sub sendCommand(ByVal command As String)
Debug.WriteLine("sendCommand: " + command)
command = command + Chr(13) + Chr(10)
'Dim responseString As String = "Connected to server."
Dim sendBytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(command)
networkStream.Write(sendBytes, 0, sendBytes.Length)

End Sub

I am not getting any response from the server. Is this the correct technique to send a request to the IQConnector using TCP/IP?

take care,
lee
Edited by kleelof on Jun 5, 2010 at 02:47 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Check Symbol Jun 5, 2010 12:20 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello,

Thanks. Next time I'll scroll all the way down the pages.

When you have time, could you take a look at this thread: http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2805

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Check Symbol Jun 1, 2010 05:29 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hello,

I just looked at the IQFeed calls available for .NET;

• RegisterClientApp()
• RemoveClientApp()
• TurnOnNews()
• TurnOffNews()
• WatchSymbol()
• RemoveSymbol()
• WatchRegionals()
• RemoveRegionals()
• RequestEcho()
• SetAutoLogin()
• ClearAutoLogin()
• RequestDisconnect()
• RequestReconnect()

Which one is the call for looking up the symbols? I was hoping there is a live look-up that I can use directly.

take care,
lee
Edited by kleelof on Jun 1, 2010 at 05:31 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » Server options May 31, 2010 08:26 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

Are there any options for running the IQFeed software on a Windows server?

take care,
lee

IQFeed Developer Support » Proxy May 30, 2010 10:28 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

How can I run the IQFeed server from a proxy?

Also, I clicked the 'Login Automatically' box. Now I want to disable that, but I cannot find a way back to the panel.

take care,
lee
Edited by kleelof on May 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » .NET COM - Determine connected state of IQFeed May 30, 2010 06:02 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello,

Ok. I found the technique, but it is extremely unreliable. Here is what I am using:

Private Sub IQFeed_SystemMessage(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal e As AxIQFEEDYLib._DIQFeedYEvents_SystemMessageEvent) Handles IQFeed.SystemMessage
Debug.WriteLine("SystemMessage" + e.strSystemData)
Select Case True
Case InStr(e.strSystemData, "S,SERVER CONNECTED")
ServerPanel1.state = ServerPanel.ServerPanelStates.connectedToIQFeed

End Select
End Sub

Out of more than 10 launches, it worked twice.

take care,
lee

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 2:56 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003