Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Tochner
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 17, 2008 12:22 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Tochner has contributed to 7 posts out of 21196 total posts (0.03%) in 7,192 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thank Jim, I actually started out with that page....

The thing is the callback method works fine in shell, but not in a .NET 3.5 WPF window...

Are you getting the callbacks in a WinForms window or a WPF one?

Anybody managed getting it in a WPF window?

Hi,

My C# TCP/IP data adapter can and does call the callback function I define using the SetCallbackFunction but only when I run it from the command line; it never gets called when I run it from inside a window.

The documentation states the following:

"You now need to provide a way to receive the status of IQFeed. This can be done in one of two ways:

* WM_MOUSEMOVE = In your program, construct a window, and define WM_MOUSEMOVE event handler for the window.
Or
* CallbackFunction = Use this method for applications which do not have a window with a window message pump. "

Using WM_MOUSEMOVE is not an option for me, since I am using WPF and my IQFeed adapter doesn't have a window anyway...

Question: Should the registered callback function still be called when I am running my data adapter in a window? (Which would mean I have a bug) or is it not available when running in a window? (Which would mean only WM_MOUSEMOVE is available.. which isn't a good option for me).

Thanks, will do.

Thanks Steve,
Can you clearify, do I need to repeat Step 2 for each connection or can I just open new connections and issue requests (W or R) without sending the S,KEY,#####<LF> key for each one?

Simply send the S,KEY,#####<LF> one time, and then open more new connections without sending it.

I want to fetch Level1 data using several different threads via TCP/IP.

I understand I must first follow documentation Step 1: "Logging into IQFeed".

I was wondering how I should continue to follow documentation Step 2: "Connecting to IQConnect for TCP/IP" .

Two options:
1. Follow Step 2 one time in my parent process and then launch my threads and have each one of them open a TCP/IP connection to the correct port (5009); simply have each thread make its requests without repeating Step 2?

2. Ignore Step 2 in the parent process but follow Step 2 in each thread for each new connection.

(I am using C# for this).

IQFeed Developer Support » Intraday data retrieval problem Sep 8, 2004 10:53 AM (Total replies: 4)

I am now

Thanks.
(It works when symbols are in uppercase).

IQFeed Developer Support » Intraday data retrieval problem Sep 8, 2004 08:08 AM (Total replies: 4)

I am also getting these error messages.
I tried installing both versions of the latest client and developer packages. (BETA and non BETA) on two computers.

I am able to connect to the IQFeed service (I am a new user) and get End Of Day historical data using all the different examples, yet I am unable to get historical Ticks and Intraday using any days parameter and using symbols such as: gm, ge, dell and msft. (for which I can get EOD, Weekly, Monthly data).

I am using the VC++ compiled example and the VB compiled example (COM / Tick and 5 MInute data), all of which give out the error message: "History data currently unavailable".

Thanks.
Edited by Tochner on Sep 8, 2004 at 08:09 AM

Time: Fri May 17, 2024 6:16 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003