Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Odd data in Historical 1 sec OHLCV vs tick data
Author Topic: Odd data in Historical 1 sec OHLCV vs tick data (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

ChainsawDR
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 06:22 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi,
I'm retrieving the historical 1 second OHLCV data for backtesting, however I'm seeing some odd spikes in the data that I don't see when I use the 'IQFeed Time & Sales' application to view tick and/or 1min data. It's causing me to doubt whether I should pull/use the historical 1 sec OHLCV or whether I need to start pulling tick data and compiling this myself. I've attached an image that puts the 1sec vs tick vs 1min side by side and have highlighted the 85.39 1sec OHLCV that I can't reconcile with the tick or 1min data. Please could anyone let me know if I am misinterpreting this?
Thanks in advance for any help
Edited by ChainsawDR on Apr 12, 2020 at 06:22 PM

File Attached: BBY.png (downloaded 959 times)

ChainsawDR
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 06:33 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Adding a clearer version. Attached is the 1 sec OHLCV data for BBY on 02/03/2020. Higlighted in yellow is a drop from $86 close price to $85.65, then back to $86. Neither the tick or 1min data from 'Time & Sales' shows any drop down to $85.65. My system triggered a signal on this 1 sec OHLCV data that wouldn't be triggered with the other iqfeed dataset. Unsure of the reason for the discrepancy, or wondering if I have a bug in my data retrieval of 1 sec OHLCV data.

File Attached: BBY2.png (downloaded 1070 times)

DTN Todd
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 08:24 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Hello

I have reviewed that data on multiple of our platforms and i am not showing that drop to $85.65 If we can be of any additional assistance let us know.

Thanks
Todd

ChainsawDR
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 08:44 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Thanks for looking into it Todd. I'll look into our systems to see if we're doing any unexpected transformations or gaps fills that might be causing this. Thank you

DTN_mark_e
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 10:09 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
I'm sorry, we need to correct our earlier posting -- IQFeed is indeed showing the various ticks at 85.39 on 2/3/20, albeit as "extended trades," which by default are not displayed in the Time & Sales window. To turn on Extended trades, you will need to go into the T&S Settings, and under the General tab, check the box for "Enable Extended Trades."

Mark Eash, Trading Markets Customer Service DTN
9110 West Dodge Rd, Ste 200, Omaha, Ne 68114
800-397-7000 (DTNIQ & IQFEED) | 402-255-3682 (Fax)
www.dtn.com/trading | www.dtniq.com | http://www.iqfeed.net

File Attached: bbytick.png (downloaded 1003 times)

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 1:13 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003