Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »Co-location wish item
Author Topic: Co-location wish item (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 16, 2005 07:56 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
I'm getting closer to putting my trading platform at a colocation facility.

I don't know if IQ has ever considered offering this type of service. It could be a nice revenue stream as most datacenters charge $50-$150 per month, but I fully understand if the IQ people don't want to be in this business.

As an alternative, perhaps IQ might partner with an existing data center such as

http://www.fdcservers.net

who is actually located in the CBOT building. With a solid partner, some kind of VPN, or other method of guaranteed bandwidth between the IQ server farm and the data center could be established, hopefully eliminating some of the problems we see which could be attributable to less then perfect internet conditions.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 18, 2005 03:50 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
We have entertained this idea over the past few years, but haven't wanted to put any resources behind this as it isn't our core business. However, it is possible that one of our Backup co-lo facilities would be interested in doing something themselves. Although it isn't at the top of my list, I will try to look into it further. It would essentially reduce the hops you take to our servers. Again, not on the top of my list, but I will see what we can do.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 18, 2005 04:37 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Thanks Jay. I'd appreciate it.

I looked into putting my 1U box at a local data center here in LA, but we all came to the conclusion that it wasn't so much the size of the pipe or the number of hops, but simply the distance (about 2,000 miles to you, and 3,000 to IB in CT) that had the major effect on the trace route tests we ran. Of course fewer hops is better.

The issue I was (and still am) looking to solve is that it usually takes about 100ms for the data to get to me in LA, then another 100ms for me to send an order back to IB in CT. So that's 2/10's of a second delay. I was missing a lot of limit orders which were placed on the bid (for a sell) and the ask (for a buy), however a market order was usually placed and I would receive a fill in just under 1 second (so the 2/10's is significant).

There's a lot of data centers out there. I'm just hoping you'll pick one and implement a reasonable QOS control between the 2 sites.

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 19, 2005 11:38 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Just thought I'd add support to this request.
I am looking for a co-lo facility to access IQfeed and IB. Ideally, it would be one that already hosts one of these service providers.

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 07:34 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Jay,
Anything further on this? As I'm in Australia it makes little difference to me where I co-lo so I'd rather choose something close to (or preferably the same as) IQ Feed. Can you tell me who you actually host with?

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 08:09 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
I'm still interested in a colo site also.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 1:59 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003