Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Aggressor side on Eurex
Author Topic: Aggressor side on Eurex (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Ringbinder
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 10:59 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
Are trades at the bid and ask on your current Eurex feed identified by use of a specific Aggressor side identifier or are they inferred by other means?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 11:28 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
IQFeed doesn't currently include an Aggressor indicator/identifier. Customers often infer buy/sell pressure by comparing the bid/ask price at the time of the trade to the trade price.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Ringbinder
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 11:39 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Is such an identifier not available from the exchange feed? On page 99 of http://www.mds.deutsche-boerse.com/blob/7652/f2b7f1bdd8613d14cf13d47f5b567872/eurex-market-and-reference-data-interfaces-data.pdf it has
> AggressorSide
N
Aggressor-
Side
(enum)
Side of the incoming order, which created the trade.
Only present for MDEntryType=2.
Value
Description
Buy
Sell

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 02:00 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
The raw feed from the exchange has this information but it isn't available as part of IQFeed since IQFeed is widely used in third party software (most of which wouldn't be able to do anything with this information). We are constantly enhancing our feed and API's, so your desire to see this information is good to hear and will be noted for future development.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 2:00 AM CFBB v1.2.0 20 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003