Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »R connectivity
Author Topic: R connectivity (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jokerjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 02:45 AM          Msg. 1 of 9
Apparently there's plans for connectivity between matlab and IQFeed. I'll like to request similar tools for R. I'd hazard that R is just as popular if not more so these days.

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 03:53 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
well, i dont know R

but check this link
https://github.com/bwlewis/iqfeed

i think it can help you, my conclusion would be that connecting to iqfeed from R wont differ much from connecting to it from any language using the tcp interface

also check this link
http://www.r-bloggers.com/?s=trading

many articles about using R in trading or trading analysis
Edited by AMS on Oct 10, 2012 at 03:55 PM

jokerjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 02:06 AM          Msg. 3 of 9
Thanks, though I suppose I'd have to pay the extra developer fee?

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 13, 2012 06:10 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
What I understand, you dont need to pay extra to use the API
You pay the ~300 annual fee to get support and notification of updates, sample code, stuff like that

So if that github library works, you can just use it

Personally, I strongly recommend you look into charting application that allow you
to program your own indicators or studies

check amibroker, sierrachart, ensign, multichart ... and the list goes on

i cant recommend you use R if you dont already know it. if you will learn something new to
program your own indicator or studies ... learn to use one of the applications i mentioned above
you will pay extra for the package, but you will get much better support

R is not a fun language to learn or use .. according to my very very short experience with it

sf631
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 11:13 AM          Msg. 5 of 9
+1 for the request to offer R integration. I'm just now learning R and has taken a bit of getting used to, but is really powerful.

JokerJoe, did you end up trying the package on github? I've just installed it, having some difficulty successfully connecting with the IQFeed client.

From R, the iqConf() connection method goes through without complaint, but when I try to request any data (for instance HDX("XOM",days=14) ) it doesn't return any values and gets stuck trying)

If anyone else has successfully used this package I'd be interested in tips or at least what the expected behavior should be

jokerjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 04:53 AM          Msg. 6 of 9
Briefly tested it, managed to somewhat get it working. Needed to load the xts package first. HIT, HTT and HDX worked. However IQFeed connection manager would quit whenever it completed or there was an error which is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Will hopefully eventually get round to investigating it further. If you fix any bugs or find ways to improve it please share on github. I see it's already been forked once with some bugs fixed.

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 05:00 AM          Msg. 7 of 9
I also found out about seer
http://www.seertrading.com/

which hooks to R and can use IQFeed
I never used it, but it was praised by few on the elitetrader forum

sf631
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 10:00 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
Bumping this thread. It seems like there's been some significant development on the IQFeed side. Any chance integration with R was part of that?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 09:58 AM          Msg. 9 of 9
We have not done any development on integration with R and we do not currently have any plans to do so. As a general rule we very rarely write integration pieces for 3rd party applications ourselves. For example, since it was mentioned in this thread, the Matlab integration development was done by Mathworks.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 6:19 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003