Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »"Snap" Single and Batch Quote - Request & Reply Message
Author Topic: "Snap" Single and Batch Quote - Request & Reply Message (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

sasha
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 17, 2004 09:49 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
With TCP/IP and otherwise unless anyone can show me how, I think a new "Snap" Quote request message is needed.

This is just like doing:

1. Send a Watchlist subscribe request "wMSFT\n"
2. Receive a "P" message
3. Send a Watchlist unsubscribe request "rMSFT\n"

Except it might look something like:
1. Send a "Snap" Quote Request "pMSFT\n"
_or_
2. Send a "Snap" Batch Quote request "pMSFT,EBAY,QCOM,ABGX,AAA,etc,etc,etc\n"

This gives the latest market information in a "Snap" - single transaction and no wasted DTN Server and limited IQConnect session resources (subscribing, receiving new messages and then unsubscribing) when some in some cases all I really need is a quick snapshot and then go away.

For example, since there is a limit to the number of symbols in the non-satellite versions of 500 or 1300, this is a great way to open this up and save a HUGE amount of bandwidth for a lot of clients who may start polling a little more instead of subscribing for all tick data they may not need all the time.

The DTN Servers don't waste time subscribing and unsubscribing another client to possibly a few hundred ticks in the time it takes me to do Step 2. and 3. in the old Watchlist subscription example.

This would also be good for all EOD updates!

This message is also useful to "Snap" the fundamental data so it can be requested seperately and doesn't need to be resent with each batch snap request.

You'd probably place the session/port on another server so as to not interfere with the Streaming Watchlist server/clients.

jfcantin
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 10:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Good Idea,

You have my vote.

j-f

DTN_Tim_Russell
-IQ Server Developer-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 03:04 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Sasha,

The concept of a snapshot server is something that we've been looking at for a while, and we definitely have plans to implement something in that general direction.

It most likely will end up being separate from the standard Level 1 feed.

This isn't something we're planning for the immediate future, but it is planned.

Tim Russell
Software Engineer
DTN IQ & FinWin

jfcantin
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 04:05 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Thanks Tim,

That would be most useful! As I am doing like sacha and registering / unregistering symbols 500 at a time.

In the mean time if you guys figure out a cleaner way of doing this let us know.

JF

luisugaz
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 10:48 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
This snapshot or quote API will be very useful for some of our applications as well.
How do we help this feature be moved up in your list of changes?

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 30, 2005 08:44 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Tim, I'm not sure but I get the feeling that this request for a "snap" quote is something similar to how vendors like esignal provide their data--in segmented packetssnaps rather than an uninterupted flow of raw data--tick by tick. Correct me if I'm wrong?

If this is the case, and I can see where it would benefit developers & DTN servers alike for ease of pushing data, it should however be limited to EOD data & information. If you start to change time critical data such as Time & Sales & Volume then you are making a fundamental change to how DTN provides data, and if I am informed correctly it would be a mistake.

Can you comment please?

Thanks.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 4:40 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003