Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »Wish List - Awaken Long Term Items on List
Author Topic: Wish List - Awaken Long Term Items on List (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Sep 7, 2006 01:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 1
Wish List revisited...I'd like to re-awake some of the items that have been on the wish list for years. Now that the latest client for IQFeed is much improved I'd love to see some effort in going after some of the requested features.

My number one vote for the first feature to implement is to add the streaming end-of-day quotes. While I'd love to see unlimited real-time quotes be a part of the IQFeed (like DTN's ProphetX) having an end-of-day feature would go a long way to this end - it gives me the capability to give my customers market scans based on both short and long term data without going through a lot of hoops. It also gives them a connection to a much larger symbol database. One of the main impediments I have run into with my customers switching to IQFeed/DTNIQ is the symbol limit - they are used to "having it all" with the DTN satellite system or on a competing product like TeleChart TCNet that has 9,000+ symbols in the system. While they are only trading a small number of issues their watch lists reflect the result of detailed market scans. Breakouts for example, are the food and beverage for short term trading.

Side note: As a third party developer I would love to see an API for the server that supplies the DTN ProphetX product. This would give my customers an even greater range of options in choosing one of the DTN feeds - the unlimited symbol count for a small incremental price is a great attraction. Having additional software choices would make it even more attractive to future/current customers of DTN - 3rd party packages are truly developed in a competitive environment, they are not perceived as free factory supplied handouts. (not trying to deride the free program supplied - I find that all software has merit and I have been amazed over the years as to how many different and costly packages many have and use in their market analysis).

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

Edited by David on Sep 7, 2006 at 01:55 PM

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 9:08 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003