Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: TLikins
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 07:24 AM
Interests:
Howdy
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
TLikins has contributed to 32 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.15%) in 6,862 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » IQFeed 4.2.0.7 Feb 10, 2007 07:24 AM (Total replies: 1)

Just downloaded it and tried to install but kept getting a message about some dlls missing.
Anyone else have this problem? I use W2K sp4. I sure hope this can be fixed.

IQFeed Developer Support » Sample console application using COM Nov 22, 2006 12:35 PM (Total replies: 4)

Joseph,

I don't know what development platform you use but most modern tools have things like
list objects that automatically parse the data for you. I use the Borland C++ Builder for my
development. One of the objects that I use is a string list component. One of the properties
is the word separator character. By specifying what character you want to use to split a
string, ie space or coma, it becomes very easy to select the string list index for the field
you want. I don't know how Microsoft does this with their IDE but there must be something
similar.

Good luck

IQFeed Developer Support » Beta releases Nov 20, 2006 12:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi,
Just wondering what's new in this build? is it just fixes or a major change.

Thanks

IQFeed Developer Support » Sample console application using COM Nov 20, 2006 11:59 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hi Joseph,

I was wondering why you think the COM interface is faster than the TCPIP interface.
It would seem to me that a COM object talking to DTN would still have to use the
TCPIP interface since it goes through the internet. I think that due to all of the marshalling of the data through a COM object, it is inherently SLOWER than the TCPIP
socket. I don't know the exact methods that DTN uses to talk to the servers but I would bet that they use the TCPIP one for the reason mentioned above. Please explain if I
am incorrect, this COM stuff is pretty complex.

Good Luck

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Symbol Syntax in Excel Nov 16, 2006 06:48 PM (Total replies: 5)

please try this VBA code.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Cells(1, 2).Formula = "=iqlink|" + Cells(1, 1).Value + "!last"
End Sub

Good luck

Thanks for your help!

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » macd and rsi data Nov 16, 2006 12:02 PM (Total replies: 1)

I was wondering if it is possible to add these two oscillators to the data feed. It would be incredibly helpful if it could be part of the iqlink dde client software. ie '=iqlink|intc!macd'

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » Iqlink data updating Jul 30, 2006 04:19 PM (Total replies: 1)

Can someone tell me if there is any delay when the last goes lower then the low when using
Excel? I'm hoping that your server would detect any difference in those two and update the low
to equal the last, before sending the data out. If this is not so, please specify the actual delay so I can account for it!

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » iqlink tick count Jan 24, 2006 12:44 PM (Total replies: 0)

Can someone please tell me the quote symbol for the tick count. I see a 'TICK VOL' but I want a 'TICK COUNT' for the days total tick count. I'm using the Sample DDE Spreadsheet with the IQLINK client. I didn't see it in the documentation.

Thanks for your help!

It's been several days since I posted this question so all I can guess is that it's either to simplistic or to complicated to understand. Let me try to rephrase it. I'm looking for a symbol either a system or a NASD one that will tell me the 'SYSTEM' time no matter what time it is. Surely there is a way to get the time from a system as sophisticated as this one. I am using the IQLINK client with an EXCEL spreadsheet to get this information, please see my message above. I have been using "=iqlink|AAPL!'T TIME'" but it only changes when it trades so it doesn't alway work. Any help from the system people like Jay, Bill or Natalie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

I am using the following formula in a spreadsheet using the Iqlink client =iqlink|comp.x!'T TIME'.
This formula stops working at 16:01 or market close. Is there any symbol that work no matter what time it is both pre and post extended maket hours?

Thanks for your help!

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Extended hour trading info Jan 8, 2006 11:42 PM (Total replies: 0)

I have been letting my program run in both pre and post market times. Can someone explain when the volume for these times are reported?

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » symbols of the NASD Dec 20, 2005 09:45 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm trying to figure out what symbols are valid for the NASD?
I downloaded the mktsymbols.txt and grep on NASDAQ,NMS,SMCAP.
Here's what came back:
NASDAQ = 21778
NMS = 2837
SMCAP = 597

Can someone please specify which ones I have access to. I only subscribe to the NASD.

Thanks for your help!

I downloaded the DTN.IQ one week trial to evaluate it. Nowhere did it warn me that it would
overwrite my IQFEED setup. I found this out after installation when I used my Iqlink account
with Excel. I noticed that an old problems I used to have a month ago started to appear. I didn't
understand it at first and tried to figure out what changed. When I realized what had happened I
uninstalled the DTN.IQ setup and reinstalled my IQFEED version 4.1.0.0 and everything was good
to go. I'm just wondering why the DTN Iqlink client wasn't updated when the IQFEED Iqlink client
was. Is there a reason why this didn't take place or are they even the same? I looked in the DTN.IQ directory and there were many components that I didn't recognize. Anyway, there gone now, I was hoping someone there can explain what's going on. My interest with the DTN.IQ was
its' ability to work with EXCEL and the reduced price -$44 vs $52. Is there any trade offs I should
be aware of in using DTN.IQ vs IQFEED?

Thanks for your help!

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » one minute quotes in excel spreadsheet Dec 1, 2005 07:22 PM (Total replies: 7)

Jay,

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that my previous post about VBA shed some light on what I'm trying to do. I'm glad that there is a match in the data you provide in both products. I don't know if you know this but your DDE documentation specifies 'Time' not 'T TIME'. All I really care about is a way to discern the time difference and now I have it. I remember when I had a problems in the 4.0.0.2 version and you mentioned that there were new fields that were added.You may want to consider having your documentation group start updating the DDE information.I opened the Sample DDE spreadsheet and looked at the qitems and saw what you were talking about. It would be nice if I could find a source of the valid token to use. Does the IQLINK client always have the latest information in these fields with respect to the changes in latest version? Is there a historical document I could read ie: changelog that tells me what was added/deleted?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I have been using a new version of the Iqlink recently. Although it fixed the problem I had
with previous version I still think there's room for improvement. I am still seeing symbols left
in the Iqlink statistic dialog box after I clear the formulas in Excel. I was hoping you would
consider implementing my idea. I think maybe a system level command is in order. Perhaps
something like '=Iqlink|System!Clear' would do the trick. This would simplify my interaction
with the client significantly.

Thanks for your help!

DTNIQ Client Software Wish List » using IQFEED in Excel Nov 20, 2005 07:36 PM (Total replies: 2)

I was wondering if there are any examples available showing how to use the various external
libraries like DTNHistoryLookup or DTNNewsLookup in Visual Basic for Application ?

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » Historical Option prices Nov 18, 2005 03:35 PM (Total replies: 6)

OK, I see! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » Historical Option prices Nov 18, 2005 03:02 PM (Total replies: 6)

This is very interesting, why is the space require in the symbol name? I don't see this in my
trading software. Is this unique to DTN? I checked this in Yahoo and the symbol is 'JQELG.X'
I put the symbol the way you specified into the sample workbook and it returned the value I
wanted. So now I know how to lookup options, are there any other quirks I should know about? One other thing, I looked up this symbol in the DTN download data and it comes out as 'JQE_LE'
but when I put this in the spreadsheet all I get is '0.000' in all fields! Why in there such an inconsistancy in the required format? Is there an ERRATA of use in symbol infomation that explains all these nuances?

Thanks for your help!

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » one minute quotes in excel spreadsheet Nov 18, 2005 02:38 PM (Total replies: 7)

No , I think thats already there. Sorry for the confusion. What I really want is a one minute VOLUME field in EXCEL. Using the Sample DDE workbook I notice quite a few fundamental data points available but not this one. I hope that's clear now. The reason I want this is it would match the data in my trading software.

Thanks for your help!

Data and Content Support » Historical Option prices Nov 18, 2005 12:33 PM (Total replies: 6)

I hope that my question was clear. I know you have option symbol names for companies but what I want is the actual price change in realtime if possible. Here's an example: say I want to watch a symbol say 'SFCC' one of the option prices was for a Dec 35 call 'JQLEG'. Is the change in BID and ASK available in realtime?

Thanks for your help!

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:18 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003