Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: juliovknc
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 30, 2016 10:37 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
juliovknc has contributed to 5 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.02%) in 2,705 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 30, 2016 10:37 AM (Total replies: 11)

So you mean that implied orders are showed in the order book, don't you?

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 30, 2016 10:13 AM (Total replies: 11)

Hi Tim

I think I ave an explantion for that kinf of trades, but I would nee to know what order book, L1, IQFeed is sending to us? I.e., I mean if the order book info is from consolidated one or not.

Thanks and regards
Julio

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 29, 2016 11:48 AM (Total replies: 11)

Hi

I keep investigating this topic. For the moment the only thing I know is that charting SW such as Ninja Trader or MD Charts represent in the same way,i.e., as buys or sells this kind of trades. Thus there must be an algorithm to infer in the best possible way the direction of the volume of these trades.

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 28, 2016 12:09 PM (Total replies: 11)

Hi

I thinkg they are not tikcs tha the exchange makes the correction llater since such trades are taking into account for the total volumen of the day.

Besides, It is not very unusual, for example, for the QCL# contract on 06/0./3/2016 thera are 218 occurences of this kind of ticks.

In addition other contracts, such as @FV#, @TU#, etc... presents these ticks/trades with frquentcy. The point is that i do not know what rule or rules to follow in order to infer if the trade has been a buy or a sell.

For another cases when Last > Ask, or Last < Bid or Bid = Last = Ask I know the rule to follow to know that... but not in the case Bid < Last < Ask.

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 27, 2016 07:30 PM (Total replies: 11)

Hi everybody

I have been downloading some historical tick data and I have found trades in which the last trade is in between bid/ask range. For example in the QCL# contract

Date,Bid,Ask,Last,Vol,TickID
06/03/2016 15:23:42.427627 48.88 48.89 48.89 1,12748691
06/03/2016 15:23:42.964300 48.88 48.9 48.89 1 12748712
06/03/2016 15:23:43.031563 48.88 48.89 48.89 1 12748717

As you can see in line 2 Last Price = 48.89, Bid = 48.88 and Ask = 48.89. In these cases the doubt I have is how to deduce is that trade is generated by a Buy Market Order or by a Sell Market Order, i.e, how can I konw if that kind of trades are buys or sells.

Thanks

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 10:45 PM CFBB v1.2.0 5 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003