Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: oxford
About Contact
Last Post: May 16, 2014 10:43 AM
Interests:
Email: lirimosmani@hotmail.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
oxford has contributed to 12 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.06%) in 3,857 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Treasuries Quote Format May 16, 2014 10:43 AM (Total replies: 0)

Hi

Is there any spec about formatting, etc. for treasury quotes delivered?

Thanks,
O

IQFeed Developer Support » COM > Level 1>OnUpdateMsg Feb 19, 2014 08:58 AM (Total replies: 0)

Hi,

Connecting thru sockets, usually multiple messages are sent (received). By currently using COM I experience that I'm always receiving only one update message. It this true that the COM event is fired for every single message?

Best,
O

IQFeed Developer Support » OHLC for today Feb 4, 2014 10:20 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Tim,

Can you point me to the right example? I'm trying to get the OHLC for the day only (so smaller interval). Using ReqHistoryDailyTimeframe I'm not able to receive the current day (last day = previous day).

Many thanks again.

IQFeed Developer Support » OHLC for today Feb 4, 2014 08:57 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Tim,

Yes, this is the case. Can I get openning times from the feed?

Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » OHLC for today Feb 4, 2014 08:14 AM (Total replies: 7)

Some background may be helpful:

Looking at IQWatchQuote I see ES opened at 1738.25, but the first tick I receive for today tradet has a last price of 1740.50.

Probably I'm misunderstanding something.
Edited by oxford on Feb 4, 2014 at 08:36 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » OHLC for today Feb 4, 2014 08:11 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hi,

What is the best way to get OHLC data for current trading day?

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Same tick sent multiple times (Dynamic Fields) Oct 10, 2013 08:05 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hi,

I'm using your C++ console example and simply print (cout) the message received. Prior to this I define a dynamic field set, and its delivery format seems to work.

However, what I encounter is, that I receive EXACTLY the same tick update multiple times (whith the same time stamp). Why is this?

To reproduce this, take your sample console app and define your field set (S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Last TimeMS,Last Size,TickID,Message Contents\r\n).

Thanks,
Oxford

IQFeed Developer Support » C++ Suggested Libraries, Speed Oct 8, 2013 03:52 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi Stargrazer,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the loop is the fast way - for now. I've to test some other search algos.

I've not highly experience with boost, so it remains to make some practical tests. Regarding casting, there are faster ways than lexical_cast, however boost::spirit can maybe make a difference.

Best,
Oxforx

IQFeed Developer Support » C++ Suggested Libraries, Speed Oct 8, 2013 03:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

I used strtok in combination with a loop to find the next position of the delimiter. But as you say, it copies around and that needs time.

My goal is to find the fastest way how to convert a char[] or string into a qualified structure (struct/class object), and then calculate further. Other issues I'm awaiting to have would be string conversions into doubles, etc. It's more a test and see which design approach to take. My utlimate goal is an analysis of times and sales data.

IQFeed Developer Support » C++ Suggested Libraries, Speed Oct 8, 2013 02:15 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the char array, and the best performance was achieved by using strtok (<cstring>), which does not satisfy. My goal is to split the char array before the next update is sent.

What do you mean by "inline processing"? Any hint or example?

Thanks again,
Oxford

IQFeed Developer Support » C++ Suggested Libraries, Speed Oct 8, 2013 09:18 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hi,

I'm a new developer with IQFeed and currently playing aroundwith the provided examples.

I'm focused on working mostly with the Level1 feed and kindly ask all readers, if you can suggest me your preferred libraries you work with.

Currently I'm looking for a really fast string library (VC11) and it's just too slow . I've googled around and tried some libs, but I'm no not really happy - considering the speed of the feed updates we receive. I've left some promising string algos to test. Main concerns are splitting and conversion function.

I'm further highly curious to know of your experience with COM vs. SOCKET, with regards to speed? How much is the difference in speed?

Thanks in advance!

IQFeed Developer Support » C++ Samples Oct 7, 2013 09:06 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi Mvega,

Are you implementing any AMT concepts?

Best,
Oxford

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 4:18 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003