Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Kares
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 14, 2005 09:28 PM
Interests:
Email: kball@ballinfo.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Kares has contributed to 26 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.12%) in 7,189 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Option chains and option quotes Mar 14, 2005 09:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

Any chance this one might get an answer?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Option chains and option quotes Mar 1, 2005 01:41 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am having problems using the code in a VB.NET program. Please take a look at the following code:

For history:
Dim WithEvents hlookup As DTNHISTORYLOOKUPLib.HistoryLookup ' History COM object
For Option Chain:
Dim WithEvents OptLookup As DTNOPTIONCHAINLOOKUPLib.IOptionChainLookup

The DTNHISTORYLOOKUPLib line is fine.. I get a syntax error on the DTNOPTIONCHAINLOOKUPLib line when I add the word WithEvents.

Is there an example of the OPTIONCHAINLOOKUP function in VB or VB.NET????

Kary Ball

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Option chains and option quotes Feb 28, 2005 07:37 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am adding option capability to my application.

I would like to get a list of all exchange traded options (Stock Options, OPRA) to build a database of option symbols to choose from. What I envision is entering a stock symbol and getting the symbols associated with the option returned in a bunch.

Once I have the symbols, how do I submit the request to IQFEED to get the quote?

Can I get historical quotes for options?

What is the breakdown of information returned for an option quote? Bid, ask, open interest, volume, last trade size, etc?

??????

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Feb 15, 2005 01:24 PM (Total replies: 17)

Well, I am the idiot. I was using a streamreader that was absolutely out of place. Everything is working fine.

Kary Ball

Well, I am the idiot. I was using a streamreader that was absolutely out of place. Everything is working fine.

Kary Ball

Yes, we addressed this issue yesterday afternoon. I posted a question in post: Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX (Page: · 1 · 2 ) .

When I add a line in the example vb.net subroutines that handles return of quotes, the subroutine runs without completing all steps and no quotes are displayed. Is there something I should know about these event handler routines??

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Feb 15, 2005 12:04 PM (Total replies: 17)

Yes, we got the quotes working again.

I have noticed that a .net example program (subroutine) stops working when I add additional lines to the subroutine (interrupt handler). When I say "stops working", the quotes stop coming in. Historical data and news come in fine. Here is the code with my entries commented out:

Private Sub IQFeed_QuoteMessage(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As AxIQFEEDYLib._DIQFeedYEvents_QuoteMessageEvent) Handles IQFeed.QuoteMessage
'Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(eventArgs.strQuoteData)
'Dim line As String
'Dim clipped As String
'Dim split As String() = Nothing
'clipped = line.Replace(Chr(34), "")
'split = clipped.Split(",")
'Symbol = split(0)
lstData.Items.Add("Quote Message: " & eventArgs.strQuoteData)
End Sub

Would there be any reason that this routine would behave abnormally by adding code or stepping through using debug?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Recovering from network service interruptions Feb 14, 2005 12:05 PM (Total replies: 1)

Ditto with request. I have the same problem.

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Feb 14, 2005 11:55 AM (Total replies: 17)

I am having problems seeing real time data AGAIN even though I am using the application name KARES_BALL. I have added a new DTN.IQ account for an additional user. Might this have affected use of my application so that I can no longer see straming data?

Kary Ball

I'm not reciving streaming quotes in my application - it used to work until I added a second account.

Kary Ball

I have developed an application using vb.net that I use for my own personal investments. I am sharing my program with another user and want that user to be able to use it with IQFeed.net. I purchased another ID and have tried to use it but I am not getting real time quotes any more. I can get historical data using either account.

1. Has the association with my development account and the product name of KARES_BALL been changed in any way?

2. Can two accounts be configured to use the same application: KARES_BALL??

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Accuracy of Historical data on stocks Jan 30, 2005 08:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

When will the tick correction implementation be live? If not a scheduled date, would it be hours, days, weeks, or months?

How do other quote services handle this - or is inaccuracy accepted?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Accuracy of Historical data on stocks Jan 29, 2005 08:32 PM (Total replies: 3)

I am successfully downloading 15 minute historical data for stocks. The problem is that I don't believe the data I am downloading. I get highs and lows that exceed the day's high and low prices for the stock. It happens several times per day within the 15 minute periods. Is there any explanation for this behavior?

I assume that the high and low are for the 15 minute period for which I download data.

Specifically, I am seeing problems with INTC. Here are some data values:

1/18/2005 4:15:00 PM,22.94,22.95,22.93,22.94,653363
1/19/2005 9:45:00 AM,22.96,22.97,20.96,22.81,5255214
1/19/2005 10:00:00 AM,22.8021,22.81,22.74,22.77,3088427

The data displayed is: time, open, high, low, close. Notice the value of 20.96 for the low for the 15 minute period. This is only one of many examples of bad data in this data download.

I am comparing what I see with quotes posted in the Wall Street Journal.

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 5, 2005 07:28 PM (Total replies: 17)

Ah. That was it. I'm getting FOREX quotes out the wazoo now.

Any chance of adding historical quote ability to the .net example?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 5, 2005 02:56 PM (Total replies: 17)

I wish I hadn't sent that last message so quickly. I have more information now. The VB.NET example program worked while the MEDVED Quote Tracker was running!!!! When I stopped the QT and restarted the VB.NET level one example program, I no longer received FOREX quotes (HUSDJPY). If MEDVED is running, I can get the quotes. I can get stock quotes whether QT is running or not. Perhaps when I was at work I was running with QT running and didn't realize it.

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 5, 2005 02:50 PM (Total replies: 17)

The time is currently 3:47 Eastern time. I just tried the example program (VB.NET) again and it is now working and displaying FOREX streaming quotes! I can tell right away that it is different. There are two lines that come up right away that indicate that the symbol was added to the watch list. The one with a "P" in front of it is now populated with price data, not a bunch of commas.

Did you do something on your end?

Also - could you add a quote history function to your VB.NET example? That would make the example program complete (and my life easy).

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 5, 2005 01:22 PM (Total replies: 17)

QuoteTracker uses IQFeed and doesn't have any control over which ports, so it will be using the same ports as our sample apps. A couple other things to check. Using IQconnectExplorer, set a watch on the hotspot symbol and at the same time set a watch on a stock (one that doesn't update too much, but is active enough to have some updates). See if you are getting updates on the stock and/or the hotspot.

>>I have done this several times as described in my last post. Stocks come through, but FOREX quotes do not. I used stock symol KLAC and XLNX

Also to further clarify:

Are you using the sample app and QT at the same time when running this test and does QT update while the sample doesn't?

>>No, they will not run at the same time. I've tried that too but one will end when the other starts. I have also stopped and started each app separately.

When it does work in QT and not in the sample, you are trying it one after another correct? (there isn't a signifant time lapse between trying in each app)?

>>No, there is not. But the time lapse is the same for when I'm at work and when I'm at a location that doesn't work. For example, I am at a customer site right now and am accessing the internet through their connection. I am having the same symptoms as I did at home: QT works, the VB.NET example does not (does not report FOREX quotes yet stock quotes come streaming in). It seems to be a location specific issue.

>>What is the port used?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 5, 2005 11:29 AM (Total replies: 17)

Operating System -

Windows XP Home Edition

Version of IQFeed Developer kit being used

Exact time of day you are trying this when it doesn't work - 12:11 AM Wednesday, January 5
6:00 PM January 4

Have you ever received quote updates at night on these symbols?

Yes, using MEDVED Quote Tracker

Are other symbols updating (@ESH5) while the Forex isn't?

Yes - Stock Symbols work

Have you tried other pairs to see if they too aren't updating?

Yes: HUSDJPY HUSDCAD HEURUSD

Your loginID

The timezone and regional settings for your PC

GMT - 5 Eastern Time Zone

Exact dump of messages from IQconnectExplorer.exe for this symbol when you don't get data.

Can't select text into clipboard. The two initial statements showing the P and F records with many commas. No FOREX quotes print after this.

Now some more information. I have successfully received quotes while at work. This has ranged from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM eastern time. I am home for lunch right now and quotes are NOT working for FOREX currency pairs.

The amazing thing: MEDVED quote tracker DOES successfully update all three currency pairs (HUSDJPY HUSDCAD HEURUSD) from home AND at the same time, the sample VB.net application does not record quotes for these. This happens while I am at home. When at work, both the MEDVED and VB.net application work.

The unmodified application I am running:
Level 1 VB.net COM

My question: Is it possible that the MEDVED uses a different port for receiving data? Would it be possible that my firewall at home blocks this port while the one at work does not? What port does the VB.NET example use?

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 4, 2005 08:42 PM (Total replies: 17)

Another update. Well, I was receving quotes all day using the example .net program to watch a symbol. The symbol being watched was HUSDJPY. Now I'm home, using the same laptop computer and I am not getting streaming quotes. I get two lines of data with lots of commas but no data, and then no other data besides time stamps.

I think I will need to call someone because the turnaround on the web forum will take weeks at this rate and I only have a 1 week trial for the data.

Kary Ball

IQFeed Developer Support » Quote feed for currency pairs on FOREX Jan 4, 2005 09:38 AM (Total replies: 17)

Should I post my ID here on the forum?? Let me know if you would like me to send it via e-mail.

I have an update: This morning, the FOREX data comes in fine. I have experienced this inability to get FOREX data only at night. And, as I mentioned above, I can see changes in prices using MEDVED quote tracker using the IQFeed.

I don't think I would be able to see the data if my user ID didn't allow it.

Kary Ball

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 6:46 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003