Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 11:46 AM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 1036 posts out of 18070 total posts (5.73%) in 4,169 days (0.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Decoding Timestamps in Update Messages. Yesterday @ 11:46 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ok, 2 assumptions up front, if either of these is not true, just let me know.
You are using "Last Trade Time" and not "Most Recent Trade Time"
You are only comparing messages of a single symbol.

Assuming both of those things, the logic you are using makes sense to me. Can you just send me an example and I will take a look? If you could include which protocol you are using and what your field order is that would certainly help.

Tim

This answer is basically the same as the last, I need to get some account information to start, so just send me an email referencing these 2 forum posts and we will get you taken care of.

Tim

Good morning,

It looks like something is duplicating messages in your live feed. Do you have a developer account with us? If so, I would suggest reaching out to us at the email given on this page, (you must be logged into your developer account for it to work) http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/support.cfm, and we can dive in to what options exist within our API.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed client connecting but no feed coming Sep 18, 2017 06:50 AM (Total replies: 2)

I will be replying via email on this.

Good morning,

We have split adjusted daily data, we do not split adjust the minute or tick data.

We make use of the OSI symbology which includes rules for handling splits, in regards to options. If you do a search for split on the document linked that may help.

https://www.theocc.com/components/docs/initiatives/symbology/symbology_initiative_v1_8.pdf

Examples of the symbol changes that will occur are included within the examples given in this document. (Page 7)

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Access to Historical Data. Sep 6, 2017 07:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

I don't work with the packaging team all that often, so I won't claim that to be fact, but unless you have a limited subscription, like a Forex only account, I think that would be true.

IQFeed Developer Support » Access to Historical Data. Sep 6, 2017 06:48 AM (Total replies: 5)

Good morning,

Historical permissions mirror the live permissions for our system. Since Forex is a premium service only it is unavailable for historical recovery without subscription. @ES is available at a delayed level by default on most subscriptions so history older that 15 minutes is available to you through that default packaging. You would need real time @ES to receive up to the second minute and tick history.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Open IQFeed client on weekend Aug 21, 2017 07:52 AM (Total replies: 2)

I don't see anything unusual here. The once per second admin messages which would have provided a little more detail, but I think you are working as expected.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed news Aug 21, 2017 07:40 AM (Total replies: 3)

Good morning,

My apologies for missing your earlier post. Stories can belong to multiple news sources, this is probably the source of the duplicates you are seeing. As to the order of the return, I am not sure. I am guessing that we don't want to spend the time and/or processing power sorting the request so that you can get the data back that much faster.

Documentation is located at the link below.
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/NewsLookupviaTCPIP.cfm

And no, different sources do different things when testing their datafeeds, but they do not send us any flag of what is real versus a test that we, or you, could trigger off of.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed (Datafeed) client for Linux Aug 16, 2017 06:18 AM (Total replies: 6)

The attachment was what I was looking at. I think iqconnect may already running, but not listening for some reason and when you try to relaunch it is when you are getting the error in the log. Go through your process list and kill any iqconnect.exe processes that are running (or just restart the box) and then restart iqconnect, that should resolve this case.

As to the disconnect mentioned originally, without a log showing the disconnect it is hard to say what could have happened. But, in just looking at the server logs I can see where you reconnected many times the night of the 14th and the morning of the 15th, so it appears there something going on with the connection, but I did not see any mass disconnects or reconnects during that time, so I do not believe it was a server issue.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed (Datafeed) client for Linux Aug 15, 2017 07:55 AM (Total replies: 6)

This is a connection on your local machine that is failing, by default: 127.0.0.1 port 9300. I would look to see if some other application is using that port and close it, or in the registry, change the value to some unused port number. It could be firewall as well I suppose, but for a local connection, it would be much less likely.

Key =
HKCU\Software\DTN\IQFeed\StartUp\AdminPort

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Looking for a download to ascii Aug 9, 2017 07:55 AM (Total replies: 4)

Good morning Raay,

IQFeed does not have this feature, but we are inquiring with some other teams to see if this is something that maybe they can help you with. We will let you know what we find.

Tim

Good morning,

If you would like to purchase extended tick history I would contact our sales team and ask for Jerry, I believe he has options that would meet your needs.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Symbol ITB Data Is Not Present Aug 2, 2017 08:23 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

Thanks for letting us know, we have corrected the underlying issue at this time for ITB, most fields will finish correcting upon the first trade of the day, but some may take overnight unfortunately.

Our apologies for the inconvenience,

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Getting started with PHP Jul 28, 2017 03:39 PM (Total replies: 2)

Good afternoon,

I don't know if anybody else has something or not, but PHP is not a language that is supported currently by our API for several reasons, exchange compliance and performance being chief among them.

Tim

Thanks for the assist on this taa daa. You are correct I think everything is working as designed here.

Though you would not get connected at all if it was firewall, and an issue where WINE was failing would look different as well. I think if you open a socket to port 9300 to hold the feed open you will see this behavior stop. As taa daa mentioned, you could also open IQ WatchQuote and you will be able to test and see that things are working as designed.

Tim

Good morning,

There was a bug in our system that was allowing these to be pulled without the appropriate permissions. But, it should be the same for tick and daily, we will look into that. But going forward, just contact our sales/service team and they can help add the CBOE indicies to your account or you can add them via the website (link below) and then things should work as expected.

Tim

https://my.telventdtn.com/storefront/login?ReturnUrl=%2fstorefront%2fcustomer%2fServiceSummary%3f

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, at this time requesting each is the only way to retrieve this data. We understand that this will cause you to have to rotate through a large list and we are working on ways to improve this. But, I do not have an ETA on when that work will be completed.

However, when completed, I believe one request will give you what you are looking for. When we get to a testable point, we will email all of the active developers so you can download the beta and start using it.

I do not expect it to be soon, but it is something that we do know about and we are working to improve it. So for now, go ahead and loop through them and we'll work to get you something better as soon as we can!

Thanks,
Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Fast market probelm Jun 28, 2017 11:35 AM (Total replies: 3)

Many people watch 1800 symbols without issue, so it is certainly doable. So don't worry, we can get this.

Are you printing messages to a console somewhere? If so, that is the first thing that will have to go. Other things include inserting or writing on each update, build a 1000 or so messages before doing a batch insert. Basically, anything that happens between read of the socket 1 and read of the socket 2 needs to be looked at and considered. If there is any heavy processing happening between those, you would want to move that to a separate thread.

If you have more specific questions you can also reach me at the email listed at the bottom of this page, https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/main.cfm

Tim

Data and Content Support » how to lookup weekly options symbols? Jun 28, 2017 08:40 AM (Total replies: 2)

The weekly items are included in those returns. The expiration date is included in the symbol. Here is an example of symbols for a July request on GOOG.

GOOG1707G930 July 7, 2017
GOOG1714G930 July 14, 2017
GOOG1721G930 July 21, 2017
GOOG1728G930 July 28, 2017

Tim

Time: Fri September 22, 2017 3:46 PM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003