Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 15, 2017 08:35 AM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 987 posts out of 17826 total posts (5.54%) in 3,987 days (0.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Historical OHLC bars for quotes (bid/ask)? Mar 15, 2017 08:35 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning,

Unfortunately, IQFeed does not store any historical bid or ask data within it's systems, but we do have other products with this type of data available for a one time purchase to supplement your usage, if you would like to talk about purchasing this kind of data just let me know and I can have someone is sales reach out to you.

Tim

Good morning.

The next time this occurs, before restarting, can you please check in your Docs\DTN\IQFeed\ directory and send me the IQConnectLog.txt file and any .dmp files that are located there to the developer email address?

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Starting with the examples in the API Mar 9, 2017 07:08 AM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks for sharing!

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Getting Started with API Mar 6, 2017 01:41 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

There is nothing that needs or can be included as a reference for our API. You simply need to create a socket to whatever interface you would like and then it is just a matter of sending strings back and forth across the sockets via TCP.

There are no functions as you may be used to seeing with a rest api.

Tim

Good afternoon,

I know there were issues reported where Microsoft's decision to remove MBCS for MFC from the default Visual Studio project caused issues. I found a link below that tells how to re-enable this. I don't know that it is related to your issue, but it sounds like ot may be worth a try.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn251007.aspx

Tim

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Login incorrect message. Mar 1, 2017 08:47 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

I think I have this resolved for now while I do some research into what happened here.

Let me know if your issue persists.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQConnect start Feb 28, 2017 01:21 PM (Total replies: 4)

For an open source project it won't work, nor do I think you want it to. If your product ID was used by someone else to do something not in line with the terms of service, it could result in the product ID being deactivated which would impact all of your potential users.

In the case of an open source project, you would want other potential users to have their own product ids. There are several of these projects online currently and to my knowledge they all require a product ID to be entered by the end user before they will function.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQConnect start Feb 28, 2017 12:56 PM (Total replies: 4)

Yes, that is perfectly fine, just compile your product ID into the code so it is not in the clear. If you were looking to do an open source app, that is when you would want to remove your ID before publishing it.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Historical data issues - GLTR Feb 23, 2017 02:12 PM (Total replies: 4)

Great, thanks for the assist. We'll get them taken care of asap.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Historical data issues - GLTR Feb 23, 2017 01:48 PM (Total replies: 4)

My apologies, it looks like we have gotten that corrected now across our servers so please, let me know if anything still seems amiss on your end.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Historical data issues - GLTR Feb 23, 2017 11:38 AM (Total replies: 4)

Well that does not appear ideal....

I'll get that over to our data team for their review.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello, Welcome to the forums. It looks like some of your parameters are out of order.

If you check this page, it has all of the details, or just drop into developer chat and I would be happy to explain it more in depth.

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/HistoricalviaTCPIP.cfm

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 5, 2017 11:02 AM (Total replies: 13)

Yes it is.

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 5, 2017 11:02 AM (Total replies: 13)

Yes it is.

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 3, 2017 03:08 PM (Total replies: 13)

All messages are sent as csv strings. Once you have signed up for the API you can access samples for all requests and returns as well as sample code.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 3, 2017 03:04 PM (Total replies: 13)

Yes, a key is required. We do not support json or xml.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Feb 3, 2017 at 03:06 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 3, 2017 02:43 PM (Total replies: 13)

The concern I see is not so much that, it is the exchange requirements associated with how you are using the data, but those are things that you and the sales team can discuss more should you decide to come back to us. Thanks again for the interest though in either case.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 3, 2017 02:36 PM (Total replies: 13)

I don't think IQFeed will work for your needs, but I will escalate your request and we will examine what options we have available for you.

TIm

IQFeed Developer Support » api tied to windows? Feb 3, 2017 02:23 PM (Total replies: 13)

IQFeed does require WINE, or an emulator service, to run on a Linux or Mac machine. Our Mac installer packages WINE with the installer to make this process easier for you.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 18, 2017 02:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'd be happy to. I think it would be worthwhile to chat about this together. If you log into the developer website there is a link to initiate a chat on the left hand side. If you can go there and initiate a chat, I would be happy to discuss getting you from where you are to where you want to go at length.

Tim

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 10:50 PM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003