Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »IQ feed with QT
Author Topic: IQ feed with QT (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 03:51 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
I use Q.T with IQFeed data.
Real Time Gaps on Open, are not Indicated on Charts,due to IDFeed methodology of feeding data to Q.T
Are you releasing a new version to correct the issue soon,?
How can I fix it meanwhile?
Thanks

I use thierd party soft. Q.T Open daily Gaps are not shown with the tech. methodology IQFeed submitts its data feed.(so far)
When are you going to release new version of IQFeed to correct the issue. Or, is it possible to fix it meanwhile.
Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 03:55 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
I am not sure what you mean... We provide the data, and if a stock gapped up at the open, the chart should reflect the gap between the data you have for the previous days close. Please clarify what you are looking for and I will try to better answer if it is something we can provide.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 03:58 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
The Gaps are not shown on Q.T Sharts
(May be the matter is between QT and IQFeed)
I was told by QT it is an issue with IQFeed transmitting the data.

I use thierd party soft. Q.T Open daily Gaps are not shown with the tech. methodology IQFeed submitts its data feed.(so far)
When are you going to release new version of IQFeed to correct the issue. Or, is it possible to fix it meanwhile.
Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:07 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
When you say the Gaps are not show, give me an example. What symbol and interval are you looking at? If the stock gapped, I am not sure how a gap wouldn't be shown on the chart. A gap is a change between yesterdays close and todays open. if you have both points showing on a chart you don't have a choice but to show a gap.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:15 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
I know clearly what a Gap is . However ,on QT charts it is shows as a continious line from a privious close to a Gap Open . the space in between is not ever shown.
look at RRC,NE,ESV on todays by using QT charts , on 2 min bras to 30 min bars

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:30 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
I don't know a lot about QT, but what "kind" of chart do you have in QT being used? if you have a line chart, I don't think you will see a gap since it will connect the points. I am not saying you don't know what a gap is, what I am saying is we provide data on all the trades. Thus, if there is a gap in the trades, I am not sure how else it could be displayed unless there is a setting in QT that is tying the ticks together so you can see it. Since I have never heard of this before, and many traders look at open gaps, it leads me to believe it is just a setting somewhere in QT. Did they tell you what we are supposedely not providing that would cause gaps to not show?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:32 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
I surprise you are not aware of the matter. I believe The reason is:
If the datafeed uses system time, as may be the case with IQFeed , Than when I open QT premarket, QT would get a quote premarket that would still be priced at prev close, but would be considered a quote for this morning. That screws up the gaps. Nothing QT can do about that.

Thanks

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:39 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
I have been calling IQFeed about the issue for months and months, was told last time "in 3 month " it would be fixed ,since a new version of IQFeed is on the way, very much aware of the issue.
Please make a study about the metter ... with all QT users. it might be they are not aware of the " missing "gaps on thier charts .
to your request ;I use candelstick charts

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:45 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
ok, so you are asking about Pre-Market data in our history servers, not gaps between the close and open. We provide Pre-Market data in a separate field called ET Last. We don't store that in our tick or minute files, so it is only available if you have the chart open during pre-market and display it as it is streaming in. We do have plans to start storing the pre-market trades, but I don't have an ETA for availability.

At least we were able to get to the bottom of what you were asking for...

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

diamax
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 31, 2005 04:54 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
NO I am NOT asking about Pre-Market data .
It was my Explanation ,why I believe the missing gaps appers on QT.
I would appriciate , if you contact QT directely and talk with Jerry Medved .
I did called IQFeed tech. support many times. a few of the tecnicians are aware about the matter.
I just would like to know when it would be corrected.
Thanks

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Apr 1, 2005 08:16 AM          Msg. 11 of 11
Ok, I talked to Jerry, and it looks like your issue is due to how QT processes the IQFeed with relation to time. Not really an IQFeed problem, nor is it a QT problem, rather how they work together. When we get second resolution in the feed, it should resolve the problem. it doesn't sound like there is a workaround available currently.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 4:05 PM CFBB v1.2.0 20 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003