Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »ESM5 lagging
Author Topic: ESM5 lagging (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 01:26 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
Is there a problem with the data feed? My real-tiem ESM5 data feed is lagging the market. I noticed it just at the Fed announcement.

I have noticed this before, especially when we have a fast moving market--you may want to investigate. I would be interested in your findings.......

Thanks

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 02:14 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Jean, it is happening more than you realize. There have been many other occassions over the past several weeks that it has occurred as well. When it does, I contact customer service to verify that it is, in fact not on my end, and in nearly all cases, DTN confirmed that it was on their end. This is a continuing and ongoing problem. I am suprised that more DTN customers are not posting on this forum about it, but maybe don't notice it, or dont know to post here.

Yes, it does seem to occur when volume accelerates, but THAT is precisely when I need a data provider to perform. Hopefully more will post their thoughts on this, because I think DTN does not realize what a HUGE issue it is for us who depend on accurate and timely data feed.

Tradinoncoffee

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 03:10 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Thanks for the confirmation Tradinoncoffee.

I have suspected this must have been happening to others, but I posted before about a similar problem and received no reply neither from DTN nor other users!

It's very annoying and as you said happens when we are most dependant on accurate data--in a fast market.

Let's hope someone will now take action.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 03:23 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
We had our Market Data group monitoring the IQ systems during the FOMC announcement, and it came as a surprise to hear that you were seeing delays. We were comparing our data to Reuters, and were right on though the announcement and afterwards. Because, we received reports of slow data that we weren't able to confirm internally, we began searching elsewhere for answers. We have just received this notice from the CME, which may explain the delays you were seeing. CME has 2 feeds, and different vendors/brokers are on each of them. We are looking into switching to the other feed from CME, but unfortunately this isn't a quick process.

This is the Notice we received:

CME® MARKET DATA OPERATIONS

***ALERT NOTICE***

TODAY, 3/22/05, FROM APPROXIMATELY 1:20 P.M. TO 1:57 P.M., IN REACTION TO THE FOMC MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT, CME EXPERIENCED LATENCIES IN DISTRIBUTING MARKET DATA VIA THE ITC CHANNELS OF THE MARKET DATA NETWORK (MDN). WE HAVE IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM AND WILL MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES TO RECTIFY THE ISSUE TODAY, AT 4:30 P.M.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS ISSUE MAY HAVE CAUSED.

THANK YOU.

CME MARKET DATA OPERATIONS

In addition to this, as I stated in another post last week, we have ordered new servers to upgrade our data centers and increase capacity to stay ahead of increased market volume. At the same time, we have new code in QA that will greatly improve the efficiency of our server systems. In the mean time, we have also identified a handful of users who appear to be abusing their subscriptions on IQFeed by scanning the entire market and/or historical data. We have identified these users and will be terminating their access so as to eliminate the impact a few customers have on the rest of our thousands of users.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 04:10 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Jay, thanks for the update. Am suprised that you are not already on the RLC feed from the CME. Although I do not use and feeds from you that link to a trading platform, it would be obvious that you are not using that one since RLC provides depth of market and ITC only offers top of book. That would explain why a trading platform showing depth of market would have been different than your feed, since that is the one that experienced the CME based issue today.

In any case, sounds like the switch would be a good move, and thank you for updating us. Like someone else mentioned, hopefully those servers are on express order and can be implemented quickly.

Tradinoncoffee

lwbecker2
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 05:44 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
For what is it worth, I was trading @YMM5 before and after the Fed announcement, and noticed no real delay at all today, when compared to my YMM5 display in my MB Navigator (showing the bid/ask/last info and streaming time and sales). That is a CBOT feed and I didn't notice any noticable lagging from IQFeed fed into Medved Quotetracker.

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 05:49 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
That's great Jay. Glade to hear you guys are on top of things.

I appreciate all your efforts. Thanks.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 1:25 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003