Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Data Reporting Lagging the Market
Author Topic: Data Reporting Lagging the Market (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 8, 2005 10:29 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Over the past several days, the data provided by DTN on the emini contract has lagged the market on numerous occassions. When I initially contacted a support person, they acknowledged the issue and said some hardware adjustments were being made to correct the problem. When I contacted them regarding the occurances this morning, DTN was unaware they were having an issue, initially suggesting that it was the CME. When i told them that my trading platform (data provided there by CQG) was leading DTN's data by 10 to 20 seconds and that several others in various trading rooms were experiencing the same issue, I was told that indeed they (DTN) was experiencing some delays.

My question is why do you (DTN) not have some internal system that alerts you to the problem, vs. depending on your customers to contact you to make you aware of it. I am quite frankly shocked that you do not have such a system. I will gladly post the conversation with a customer support person via your internet chat who acknowledged that no such alarm exitis.

This needs to be corrected and suggest that data integrity trumps new bells and whistles. I hope that you can respond to this post with some clarification that there either exists such a system, or that putting one in place has become a high priority. Thanks in advance...

Tradinoncoffee

Chris
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 8, 2005 09:09 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
i HAVE BEEN A COUSTOMER WITH dtn FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM IN THE PAST; IT SEEMS TO ME THAT WITH SO MANY CME DATA USERS; THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME WAY TO ALERT THE TRADER WHEN THIS PROBLEM ARISES AND WHEN THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED

blink_00
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 12:52 AM          Msg. 3 of 7
I'll throw my 3.6 cents in here. I also have a trading platform w/data provided by CQG and notice some random and increasing in frequency, data slow downs on DTNIQ data feed. I switched from another provider because of this issue as the accuracy of quotes is very important to my style of trading. DTN was highly recommended and I have been pleased so far. The alert system would be a nice feature for data as well as resolving this current issue of frequent slow data.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 07:42 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
See http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=472 for more information.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2005 03:25 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Well...our old friend Delayed Data returned today. Seems that whatever the fixes that were done, they either didnt work, or a new issue has developed.

Would be nice to have some sort of flag notify us when this is occurring. I noticed some comments regarding CQG in here. I use their trading platform and when there is an issue of slow or comprimised data, whether it be due to an external or internal issue, a flag pops up in the corner of my monitor notifying me of the issue and possible causes.

As it is, I am continually comparing my trading platform and charts to monitor for discrepencies. Hopefully not only the problem gets fixed, but some sort of notification enhancement is incorporated as a feature to DTNs service.

Tradinoncoffee

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 24, 2005 09:05 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Data seems to have been coming through ok recently. I am curious...when there was rash of data lags occuring about a month ago, we were told that you had ordered a number of new servers. Have those come in and have they been installed?

Tradinoncoffee

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 25, 2005 08:59 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
The servers we ordered last month are in and installed. We have another 80K worth on order as well to further increase capacity. In addition, we have new code scheduled for release this week (we wanted to install this past weekend but held off for further QA testing) on the server, and another one right behind it that should also improve scalability and speed. All things told, yes - things have been much better this month due to both some configuration changes and hardware. Over the coming month, the other installations should allow us to avoid any problems for the forseeable future.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 10:02 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003