Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical data delay
Author Topic: Historical data delay (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

semenchikus
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2016 02:24 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hello,

Could you provide me any information about timelines of historical data delay?

I've encountered that when I'm requesting HID command the last row is delayed sometimes comparing to the time of request.
For example, if request was the following:
=17:28:01.737 DEBUG [connector_LF#C_1]: >>> HID,LF#C,60,1,,030000,,1,HID_LF#C
Response was:
HID_LF#C,2016-04-08 12:14:00,6149.5,6148.0,6148.5,6148.5,95435,31,
HID_LF#C,!ENDMSG!,

I'm subscibing to realtime data at the same time. The time difference between realtime tick data (Level1Update - Most Recent Trade TimeMS field) and historical interval data from the example above was 4 minutes. So I need to find a way to decrease this difference.

Thank you.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 18, 2016 02:44 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello,

I sent an email your way requesting a little bit of information regarding your account so I can try and troubleshoot this, please just reply to that and I will be happy to take a look. For a history request of this size our servers will return in a sub-second fashion, so I can't think of any reason you would be seeing any delay off the top of my head.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 08:49 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Your log is not showing this, but in the request that reached us, you had an end time of 12:13:00 specified.

The last second of that request, 12:13:00 is part of the 12:14 bar, so you received all bars from that day up until and including 12:14, which accounted for 554 datapoints. So I would advise to check to see where a time might be getting added there.

Looking at other interval requests done at the same time, @TFS and @VX#C had end times of 12:18, where as EZ, BL, BD, BX, LG and others had end times of 12:13, just like LF did.

I also sent you an email requesting some additional logging information, but as a matter of record for others, I wanted to make a note here as well.

Tim

semenchikus
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 12:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Looks like I simply do not subscribed to the LF and LG instruments. There are reproducible 15 min delays in the historical data.

Thank you for your help!

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 12:50 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Well if you want to get the real time added on, you can add it via the website, via the manage account link or if you like you can just send us an email and we can try to process it that way, though some faxing of exchange agreements back and forth may be required for that. But, either way, let us know what you want and we'll be happy to help.

Tim

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003