Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »IQFeed just stops sending data (Wine/Ubuntu 14.04)
Author Topic: IQFeed just stops sending data (Wine/Ubuntu 14.04) (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jaredNZ
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2015 09:51 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I'm running an application which authenticates fine, sends data for 7-10 hours and then suddenly just stops sending data. Sometimes there is a L1 Disconnect event (which doesn't automatically reconnect), but other times there's no warning at all and the data just flat-lines. Its really hard to test or debug as its so unpredictable how long the data will last.

Firstly: when I get an L1 disconnect I read somewhere I shouldn't do anything - just wait and IQFeed will automatically reestablish a connection. Is this still the case?

Secondly: I have scanned the IQ Feed log, admin log, and iqconnect.exe log.. there's nothing in there to explain whats happening. Any ideas where I should start looking? Can you look up my server logs and see whats happened?

Thanks
Jared

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 6, 2015 11:15 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Jared,

I show that you upgraded last night, has the software continued to not reconnect since the upgrade? In the IQ connection manager, at the time of a disconnect, is the attempted reconnections number increasing?

The logs may have more useful information, but only once you enable some additional logging. If you go to the diagnostics app, via right click on the system tray icon, on the logging tab, try and enable the Admin and Debug information and that should help us to pin down the re-connection issue.

Just send the log to the development email, the email address can be found on our site at
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/support.cfm

Tim

jaredNZ
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2015 12:27 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thanks for reply,

I upgraded last night and hoped the upgrade would fix the issue but it also crashed this morning on the new build. I don't see any attempted re-connections. I've relaunched it this afternoon but so far just see the typical admin messages.

Where would I see attempted reconnections?

Thanks,

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 6, 2015 01:09 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Any chance you got a crash dump in your .wine\drive_c\users\****\My Documents\DTN\IQFeed folder or do you just get the Wine dump? We are trying to find a crash that appears to be unique to Wine, but efforts have been largely unsuccessful to find it so far.

In addition, are you doing any historical data at all or is your app limited to just level one processing?

To check to see if IQ is trying to reconnect, you can double click on the system tray icon and it should bring up the connection manager.

Tim

jaredNZ
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2015 01:34 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Thanks Tim,

I'm using it headless; but I emailed you the IQFeed.txt log output -- there was no crash info I could see, it just stopped sending information. I've just restarted it so hopefully we'll be able to repeat the issue and get more logging out of it.

Jared

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 11:53 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003