Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »errors during install
Author Topic: errors during install (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 09:46 AM          Msg. 1 of 17
I just installed the client and during the process I get an error stating that several components were not registered or were not found.
As a result I cannot get quotes.

dtn mike driscoll
-Active Trader Management-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 09:50 AM          Msg. 2 of 17
Please unistall and reinstall. If you are receiving the same errors please contact us by live chat at www.dtniq.com
Thanks
Mike D

DTN_Nathan_Bartsch
-IQ Developer-

Telvent DTN

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 10:20 AM          Msg. 3 of 17
If registration of the DLLs/OCXs fails during the install, the installation should prompt you to reboot the machine to complete the installation. This usually happens if the files the installation was trying to update were locked. The reboot should be enough to complete the installation most of the time. If this doesn't work, uninstallation and reinstallation may be your only option...

Thanks,

Nathan W. Bartsch
Senior Software Engineer
DTN

Nathan W. Bartsch - Senior Software Engineer - DTN Market Access

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 01:40 PM          Msg. 4 of 17
Tried this many many times and still nothing.
Any other suggestions?

dtn mike driscoll

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:07 PM          Msg. 5 of 17
Please contact our support group live chat at this link
http://www.dtniq.com/template.cfm?navgroup=supportlist&urlcode=313&view=1

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:36 PM          Msg. 6 of 17
I followed the link but I've been waitng for 18mins and still nothing.

DTN_Nathan_Bartsch
-IQ Developer-

Telvent DTN

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:40 PM          Msg. 7 of 17
Have you been helped via chat?
Please let me know if you haven't been helped (or still haven't contacted a CSR)

Thanks,

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:44 PM          Msg. 8 of 17
not yet, still waiting.

DTN_Nathan_Bartsch
-IQ Developer-

Telvent DTN

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:47 PM          Msg. 9 of 17
The chat system appears to be working... I just compled a chat with Kevin to verify that it is working.. You can either reload the chat session, or just call the 800 number... This may also indicate a problem with your ISP, which we may be able to help diagnose. (We can't fix your ISP's problem though....)

Thanks,

dtn mike driscoll

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:53 PM          Msg. 10 of 17
I want to clarify that the link that was sent does not initiate the chat. It only brings you to the site where you are able to scroll down the page and click the online help icon. Once that is done there should be no issues as Nathan suggested

DTN_Mike_K
-FinWin/Web Developer-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 02:54 PM          Msg. 11 of 17
After going http://www.dtniq.com/template.cfm?navgroup=supportlist&urlcode=313&view=1, you must then initiate a chat by clicking on the "Live Support" chat link at the bottom right hand side (picture of woman with headphones on".

Mike Klostermeyer
mike.klostermeyer@dtn.com

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 04:09 PM          Msg. 12 of 17
the problem was I was using firefox.
once i switched to ie it was ok.
But i'm still having issues with my client. certain files are being registered during the install. :(

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 04:11 PM          Msg. 13 of 17
canceled my account. issue could not be resolved.

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 05:35 PM          Msg. 14 of 17
i resolved it.

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 05:37 PM          Msg. 15 of 17
We see similar symptoms quite often with Win 2K & XP when the user account trying to install software does not have Administrator rights and/or a corporate security solution prevents the proper registration of the components.

pmmgrp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 26, 2005 10:52 AM          Msg. 16 of 17
that wasn't the problem. I had an admin account at the time of install.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 27, 2005 10:27 PM          Msg. 17 of 17
Do you mind posting what you did to fix the issue in case others have the same problem?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 6:29 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003