Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »5.1.2.5 iqconnect failing under Wine
Author Topic: 5.1.2.5 iqconnect failing under Wine (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 08:06 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I've tried to post a report on this, and also tried to send it by private message, but for some reason the website never responds. Could I trouble one of you DTN folks to send me a private message with an email address I can use to send the report?

Thanks!
Allen

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 06:22 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Following up: This appears to be caused by history requests, but not immediately after issuing them.

jrodrigo
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 09:04 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
The 5.1.2.5 version hangs while logging on "Retrieving IP information" under wine.

It was a temporary problem (from time to time), but today 25/04/2015 at 9:30 EST
it has become constant, it is impossible to get logged so I have downgraded to
the 5.1.1.3 stable version.

The stable 5.1.1.3 did work as expected, I have not encountered this problem or
any other with this version.

I have attached the captured window with the client stucked while logging.

File Attached: iq_hang.png (downloaded 1516 times)

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 11:06 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
I'm still seeing crashes with 5.1.2.5. Switching from the 64-bit Wine server to the 32-bit server reduces the number of crashes, but doesn't eliminate them. 5.1.1.3 works without crashing.

I've been working with Tim and Steve to narrow down the cause, but so far they haven't been able to reproduce the problem on their system with their tests. I'm extracting code from my app to create a minimal sample program that triggers the crashes, but that's going very slowly; testing takes a lot of time when we don't know exactly what prompts a crash.

It's also possible that the version of Wine I'm running doesn't match the version that Tim and Steve are running. We've coordinated to bring their release up to date, but it's possible that Wine built for Fedora (which I'm using) differs from Wine built for OpenSuSe (which they're using) even if the version numbers are the same. Checking this is also on the to-do list.

Allen

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 05:31 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Hello, in regards to the hangup during the login, I believe we should have a fix for that released very shortly. But, in regards to taadaa's post, are you seeing any actual crashes once you are logged in while watching data on a level one socket? We have tried numerous things and have been unsuccessful at re-creating the issue, so if you are seeing any other issues, any additional information would be most helpful.

Tim

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 6:05 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003