Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »IQConnect crashed simultaneous on separate accounts in different states
Author Topic: IQConnect crashed simultaneous on separate accounts in different states (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 6, 2015 04:33 PM          Msg. 1 of 19
At roughly 17:26 EST tonight I had two different instances of IQConnect crash. They are each run on different accounts and the machines are located in different states. Any idea what happened? Likelihood of happening again? Thanks.

skuvv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 04:53 AM          Msg. 2 of 19
I agree with similar situation with IQConnect crashes.
I sent request to support with crash logs several times, but they ignored me.
PS my crashes occurred when connection to server was disconnected and reconnect was in progress.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 08:13 AM          Msg. 3 of 19
Hi guys,

Sorry, if I missed a reply on this Skuvv I thought we had emailed, but that must have been someone else. We are aware that users have had issues with reconnections as of late. We are in the process of trying to both stabilize and improve the entire login and reconnect process to allow us to provide a better experience for end users and to make it so when something like this happens, we will be able to troubleshoot the problems better through expanded logging ability.

The new version is currently expected to go to QA later this month and we will get a beta version up just as soon as possible for people to try and see if it resolves all of the issues you have been seeing.

So once again, if you thought I was ignoring you, I apologize, but it is our highest priority item on the books right now and we are certainly doing all we can to remove these kinds of occurrences from our system.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 08:18 AM          Msg. 4 of 19
JonnyB,

I am checking with the server team to see if anything in particular happened around the time you mentioned and will let you know if we find anything.

Tim

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 08:51 AM          Msg. 5 of 19
Thanks. I have never seen anything happen like that before where IQConnect just crashes. The fact that it occurred simulataneously on different accounts/machines made it even more unusual.

skuvv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 07:32 AM          Msg. 6 of 19
My latest crash log, maybe it help you.

skuvv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 07:33 AM          Msg. 7 of 19
log here

File Attached: CRASHLOG2.TXT (downloaded 1517 times)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 11:17 AM          Msg. 8 of 19
I also had a crash last night, dmp file attached. I'm running 5.1.0.6.

Edit: OK, it looks like it's too large to attach. I can email it if anybody is interested.
Edited by Craig on Jan 12, 2015 at 11:18 AM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 12:30 PM          Msg. 9 of 19
Craig, how large is it? Can you try emailing it to Developer support?

Thanks,

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 12:33 PM          Msg. 10 of 19
It's about 15MB (7z) file.
What is the email address again?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 12:43 PM          Msg. 11 of 19
Craig, I just sent you an email from the support address that you can reply to.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 02:40 AM          Msg. 12 of 19
I sent it, hopefully it got through.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 09:36 AM          Msg. 13 of 19
Sorry for the delay Craig, looks like it didn't go through. I have sent you a PM with alternate options.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 11:05 AM          Msg. 14 of 19
After nobody responded, I simply assumed you had the file and deleted it.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 11:28 AM          Msg. 15 of 19
Sorry for the delayed reply Craig, we were working with the network team to find a better option for these larger files. Do the crashes you are experiencing still occur around the same time as the re-connection attempts or did we not notice one way or the other on these most recent crashes?

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 11:40 AM          Msg. 16 of 19
This particular crash seemed to be during a reconnect. In general, this older version I'm running will be stable for days on end, then suddenly go south, *mostly* during reconnects.

I don't want to tell you guys how to do your job, but some type of mechanism for forwarding crash dumps would save a lot of guessing wouldn't it? At my day j*b we save the PDB information from all our released builds for just this reason. Also, it's easy to get Win32 code to produce mini-dumps on error.

aQuant
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 08:44 AM          Msg. 17 of 19
My connection crashed today too-without any attempt to reconnect. This is the first time I experienced iqconnect.exe completely shutting down without any warning. On a positive note, I really like your data/service overall. The reconnection/handling of multiple clients has always seemed an unstable feature of this feed and has caused me to lose data on a number of days over the years I have been using it-I do save full L1 and L2 data so there is no way for me to get them from historical download once the connection is down/not reset properly. I really wish this could be made stable, it would save a lot of trouble to a lot of people who use this feed for serious analytics.

aQuant
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 08:52 AM          Msg. 18 of 19
Note that I do mention multiple clients above, but in this case I only had one client/application using the feed.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 09:46 AM          Msg. 19 of 19
I wanted to chime in and reiterate what Steve and Tim have mentioned above. It is a top priority for our development team to ensure IQFeed is rock solid. We are testing a new version of IQFeed internally that has had the connection logic re-worked in hopes to make it more reliable under the multitude of ways our customers use our product.

Over the past few years, the number of products that support IQFeed has grown considerably. We work as close as possible with developers to ensure their implementation of our API is robust. Through that work, we listen to feedback and take feedback seriously and are always exploring ways to make our product better.

We anticipate having a beta release available soon that we expect will resolve the issues reported here. As registered developers, we will make this available to you before the general public so you can test and provide feedback. While these issues are impacting only a small fraction of our overall users, I can assure you that not a single person on our team takes these issues lightly.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 4:37 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003