Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »option tick data
Author Topic: option tick data (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 04:37 AM          Msg. 1 of 13
hello.

i'm start using dtn feed and i need some help , i don't use charting software and i just need the feed to analyze option tick data , how i can see this data and download it to excel real time and historically.

thanks.

avi.

avi

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 04:47 PM          Msg. 2 of 13
Hello bull, with IQFeed by itself you would be able to use the DDE Linking to get streaming data but not Historical data. For that you will need to use a 3rd Party charting software, there are three that I know of. Those software's are;
XLQ from www.qmatix.com,
Quotelink from www.quotelink.net,
QCollector from www.mechtrading.com.

The XLQ and Quotelink run within Excel and QCollector is the one that runs outside of Excel through it's own interface but saves the data into Excel.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 11:51 PM          Msg. 3 of 13
thank you for your help ,

i just download ninja trader, can you please help me to get historical option tick data for that?

avi

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 12:03 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
Hello Bull, with NinjaTrader you will need to add in the option symbols that you want to get data for into their Instrument Manager. To do this you will need to know the symbols which you can look up on our website at www.http://iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index.cfm?symbolguide=lookup&displayaction=support§ion=guide&web=iqfeed . Then to add the symbols to NinjaTrader I have included a pdf file that you can follow for adding symbols to NinjaTrader.

If you have any problems or questions please let us know.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

File Attached: NinjaTrader IQFeed symbol setup.pdf (downloaded 3744 times)

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 12:21 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
thanks again , i'm afarid this is not what i'm looking , i look for example to see the time and sales of the all option trade made on 03-04-2014 in AAPL , can i get this data ?

avi
Edited by bull on Mar 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 05:35 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
Hello Bull,

That data is certainly available within our feed, but I am not sure if NinjaTrader provides a way to do that, other than one at a time. I have not seen it if so. It might be worth checking with them though, I am sure there is much in their software I am unaware of.

Tim

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 07:20 AM          Msg. 7 of 13
hi tim, thanks.

i will check that with ninja trader ,do you know other charting software that can offer me that?

avi

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 07:36 AM          Msg. 8 of 13
I am not sure Bull, I don't see as many third party clients as I use to, but I will ask the teams that do to see if they can help us out.

Tim

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 08:23 AM          Msg. 9 of 13
Bull,

I would suggest contacting your IQFeed sales rep and asking them to switch you to our DTN.IQ service which includes a GUI with both an Option Chains app and a Time & Sales app. The Option Chains will allow you to view a complete chain of option symbols that you can filter by strike price, in and out of the money, etc. Once you have an individual option contract you want to look at, you can then bring it up in the T&S app by tick, minute or other intervals. The T&S app also allows you to export/save that data in a comma delimited format.

In addition to adding these apps to your service, it will also increase your symbol limit from the basic 500 to 1300.

Information about DTN.IQ functionality is available here: http://www.dtniq.com/product/help/v2.4/index.cfm?loginid=NA&product=DTN_IQ&version=2.4.1.4&app=N/A

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 08:30 AM          Msg. 10 of 13
HI,
i don't want to analyze individual option contract , i want forexample to see the all time and sales of AAPL a week ago let say monday from 9:00 to 16:00 , can i do it with T&S app ?

avi

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 08:33 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
With DTN.IQ you can only pull individual contracts T&S. If you want T&S for all option contracts on AAPL, you would either need to write your own application to the IQFeed API or find an app that will do it. I don't know of any 3rd party applications that will do this other than QCollector. In the case of QCollector, you would need to load the option symbol list into it and it could pull the tick data for all of those symbols into comma delimited files for you.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 7, 2014 09:08 AM          Msg. 12 of 13
o.k thanks, i just talk with ninja trader and the don't have this possibilty, i will try with QCollector.

avi

bull
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 03:07 AM          Msg. 13 of 13
not ninja trader and QCollector have this possibility the can only track individual contract and not all the the time and sales for the stock, i think this is important and every stock have dozens or hundred contract to write every one and analyzed sound very time consuming.

avi

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 7:24 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003