Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Charts won't work on a Lenovo Thinkpad running Win7Pro
Author Topic: Charts won't work on a Lenovo Thinkpad running Win7Pro (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 09:58 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
Hi - just downloaded/installed DTNIQ 2.10.0.5, along with latest IQFeed because I was running 2.7.0.3(very old), which wouldn't display basic charts at all. Thought the latest cut might do the trick and it's just as bad or even worse.

I've attached two jpegs showing the DTNIQ Version level and a screenshot of the chart, trying to bring up a daily chart of AAPL. It just sits there, blinking on the bottom legend, where it says '1000 datapoints available. Displayng 960." Appears to be doing some sort of refresh or data grab from the servers. Uses about 4% cpu sitting there just spinning away. Can't find a separator line anywhere on the chart to expand the thin white strip at chart top, which lists 'Daily Price:" on the left.

So, what gives? I think I ran into this years ago on other Thinkpads, running Win2000/WinXP and got nowhere with Support. I'm now in a position where I'd like to bring up a basic candlestick chart or two w/DTNIQ and am stuck, with the chart app all crapped out.

Suggestions?

File Attached: DTNIQ-Version.jpg (downloaded 1716 times)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 10:57 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
here's the 2nd jpeg I mentioned above, showing the non-functional chart, attached here.

File Attached: Chart-No-Display.jpg (downloaded 1711 times)

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Nov 24, 2013 03:38 PM          Msg. 3 of 9
Hello AMA, with your chart window opened is it in Full Screen mode out of curiosity? If it is try this, after opening the chart window take it out of full screen mode, then close the chart window down without entering any symbol, then re-open the chart window again. With it being out of full screen mode enter the symbol you are wanting then hit Enter. Does it do the same thing or does the chart load?

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Nov 24, 2013 09:31 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
Hello AMA, the chart looks like you have the large fonts enabled in windows. You might want to try switching back to normal fonts in the control panel as well.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
1-800-397-7000

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 06:17 PM          Msg. 5 of 9
Curtis, I tried calling you tonight and kept getting a 'temporarily unable to take my call' msg. What gives? Somewhere on the website it mentions 24hr support.

I indeed appear to have some kind of a font problem and wanted to talk to you about this.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 06:37 PM          Msg. 6 of 9
Hello AMA, I apologize I was probably on the phone, if you would like sent us an email to support@iqfeed.net with a good number to call and I can call you back.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
1-800-397-7000

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 06:53 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
Too late & tired for tonight. I'll get back to Tue/Wed.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 06:53 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
I'll get back -you- Tue/Wed :)

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 06:58 PM          Msg. 9 of 9
Hello AMA, sounds good I will be here tomorrow night, but will be out Wednesday evening for the Holiday, but there will be someone here during the day that can help.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
1-800-397-7000

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 4:34 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003