Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »can't download tick data
Author Topic: can't download tick data (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

rick86
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 11:58 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
I just reinstalled market delta and am trying to download 100 days of tick data for @ES#. I"m able to download Daily bars and 500 days of 1 minute data but when I request the tick data it just hangs and eventually disconnects me from the data feed.

This happened after the close on Friday and now again on Saturday morning. Do you guys shut down the tick server on weekends or something?

Thanks

rick86
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 12:01 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
By the way, I realize that 100 days of back tick data is more than is available but I wasn't sure how much was available so I just requested something that I knew was more (100 days) thinking that I'd be able to get as much was available.

I'm trying to download just 10 days of tick data and having the same problem.

rick86
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 12:03 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
Here's the message log text:

0959 36 Downloading Tick data for @ES# from 02/28/2013 13:30 to 03/15/2013 13:15
@ES# Download initiated. 1 Active, 0 Waiting.
Connecting to Historical Server @ES# 66.112.148.216 60050
1000 36 DTN Historical thread cancelled @ES# Tick

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 01:04 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
Not sure what would be causing the error. I am not seeing any issues on our servers and customers have availability 24/7. IQFeed provides 120 calendar days of tick data, so your request for 100 day should work. Keep in mind that it will take quite some time as you will be downloading a huge amount of data. Due to the error in your log, I would suggest posting to Market Delta support and see if they can help troubleshoot it.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

rick86
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 01:09 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
I can't even get it to give me 20 days of tick data, and that's after a complete re-install.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 01:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
I understand. I just downloaded 1.7M ticks without issue (only 10 days) from both server farms using our DTN.IQ client. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the error messages in Market Delta, which is why I would suggest contacting them to find out what the error message refers to. The data is in our servers which appear to be operating properly.

One suggestion would be to run the diagnostics application in the IQFeed folder to see if it completes without error.

I assume your market Delta is able to establish a stream on @ES# (obviously you won't get anything other than Friday's close since the markets are closed)?

If market delta is able to identify an issue, they will get in touch with us so we can work with them to troubleshoot the issue.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 03:48 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Hello rick86, it sounds like your database is possibly out of whack, as I have seen that error message before happen when that is the case. If you are running the latest version of MarketDelta 11.1.6, go to Data, and select Database Wizard. In there, at the bottom of the Database Wizard, click on Full Maintenance and run that. Once that is completed, try re-downloading the Tick data for @ES#.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

rick86
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 03:53 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
That did the trick Curtis.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 6:52 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003