Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Corn Continuous
Author Topic: Corn Continuous (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)

pedro01
-Interested User-

Posted: May 2, 2012 10:03 AM          Msg. 1 of 14
Right now the continuous Corn contract is still looking at the May-12 contract prices.

It's 11:00 EST an the volumes for the day so far are:

ZC 05-12 - 2,190
ZC 07-12 - 46,120

Obviously, May is done now. I spoke to support and apparently, we won't see the continuous reflecting Junes prices until the May contract closes. That's almost 2 weeks.

Is there anything I can do about this?

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 4, 2012 10:08 AM          Msg. 2 of 14
Hello Pedro01,

I understand your view on this, but the continuous contracts for grains are currently designed to roll on the expiration date. You will need to use the individual contract symbols to get data for the July contract. We appreciate your opinion on this and I have recorded your request so that it gets considered.

pedro01
-Interested User-

Posted: May 5, 2012 05:21 AM          Msg. 3 of 14
It's not really a view, Todd. It's the way the contract is traded and the way people analyse historical data, especially with products such as I/RT and MarketDelta.

I can't use the July contract because I'm using I/RT with the volume profiles & therefore I need a continuous contract so that I can work with current data on the active contract and also see historical data going back a few years.

Is this something you are or aren't going to address? I ask that because the person on support I spoke to said it was something being worked on whilst you imply this is just my opinion.

The historical data will be spotty too because for people that use volume profiles, there's going to be 2-3 weeks of low volume when next contract starts being traded.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 8, 2012 08:02 AM          Msg. 4 of 14
Hello Pedro01,

The current continuous contract for grains has an appreciation in the agribusiness industry and that was considered when it was originally created.
Because we appreciate your feedback and others that we have heard from, we are in the process of developing a continuous contract that will better reflect the most active trading month. Again, thank you for your input and, while we are still in the early stages, we are working to make that happen.

pedro01
-Interested User-

Posted: May 8, 2012 08:15 AM          Msg. 5 of 14
Thanks for that Todd - if you need any help with testing that, I'll be happy to spend time on it.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 8, 2012 08:21 AM          Msg. 6 of 14
Thank you Pedro01 - we appreciate that.

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 06:12 AM          Msg. 7 of 14
I would also be in favour of this

I am trading SOYBEANS and Wheat and the current Continuous Contract is stuck in July rather than rolling to September for Wheat for example....

Expiration date is the 13th of July but this is too late! The contract should have rolled on the 29th of June to the Sept contract.

When will "TRADING" continuous contracts be available so we can backtest too?

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 08:24 AM          Msg. 8 of 14
Hello,

Thank you for your input on that. Developing a more active continuous contract for grains is part of a larger data project that we are working on, but we do not have an estimated completion date yet. We do appreciate hearing that it is important to you and will keep working at it.

steve1986
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 07:10 PM          Msg. 9 of 14
I would also very much like to see a continuous contract that rolls on a more appropriate date. This is something I requested a couple of years ago. To create a contract that rolls on the First Notice Date would be a good compromise, since that's when most traders would roll to the next contract.

datatest
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 03:33 AM          Msg. 10 of 14
indeed, this is needed. it is useless to wait until the last day of the contract.
can you give a timeframe, when the new mechanism will be implemented? (weeks, months, years)

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 08:21 AM          Msg. 11 of 14
Hey Todd, A lot of folks here screaming for this (plus could be more) can you give me an ETA - otherwise will have to switch Data provider...Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 08:39 AM          Msg. 12 of 14
Folks,

This is on our development list and is part of a project currently underway. While I wish the answer could be "weeks", it is more likely "Months". We are exploring what options there are to push this piece out a bit faster, but it is part of a large project with many other enhancements and we want to make sure it is done right.

As we get further along, we will update you.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

blt111
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 08:27 AM          Msg. 13 of 14
+1 for Volume based or at least first notice date based front month change. Has there been any progress with this?
Edited by blt111 on Dec 19, 2012 at 08:27 AM

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 08:39 AM          Msg. 14 of 14
Hello blt111,

Yes, a new continuous contract for grains is in the works for 2013, but I do not have a specific date to announce yet. We are getting there. . . and thank you for your interest.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 1:45 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003