Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Dividends and Historical Data
Author Topic: Dividends and Historical Data (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

by123
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 03:17 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
It appears to me that historical data is not adjusted for dividends. I just
wanted to confirm this.

Thanks,

Brook

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 03:20 PM          Msg. 2 of 10
Tick and Minute data is not ever adjusted.
Daily data is also normally not adjusted but our market data team will very rarely adjust it for a dividend if it is a very large adjustment and requested by customers.

by123
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 03:26 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
What is usually the minimum threshold for adjusting for dividends
when you do?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 03:48 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
Our market data team handles it on a case by case basis only when customers request it be done. As a result, there isn't any set guidelines as to when it will happen.

traps
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 08:18 AM          Msg. 5 of 10
So how are we supposed to know which data we need to adjust, and which has already been adjusted?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 08:50 AM          Msg. 6 of 10
Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure with daily data other than comparing it to minute data for the same day.

by123
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 07:47 AM          Msg. 7 of 10
Can DTN provide a record file of the adjustments that have been made?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 08:49 AM          Msg. 8 of 10
Unfortunately we do not have a way to generate a list.

jokerjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 02:00 AM          Msg. 9 of 10
Wow, this seems like a major problem if data is treated in an inconsistent manner. Is this still the case?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 09:16 AM          Msg. 10 of 10
Good morning,

Our rule is that we don't process dividends, and we haven't done any for a number of years, but on a very rare occasion a dividend will come along that causes a chart to become unusable without historical modification. If that happens, and customer demand dictates, then we will make a manual adjustment of the historical data (daily only), these are the only time dividends are processed.

That said, we do not have a place that can be queried against for what dividends were processed when. Though as seldom as we do them, literally years apart, should we do another in the future I will try to make a post to the data and content forums about it. So if you subscribe to those forums, you will be alerted of these changes when they occur going forward, and the thread I create will be available thereafter for historical reference.

Hopefully this helps alleviate some of your concerns, but let me know if you have any questions or if I can expand on any points made.

Tim

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 11:15 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003