Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »Data and Content Support »XAUUSD.FXCM and XAGUSD.FXCM - Historic Data not correct?
Author Topic: XAUUSD.FXCM and XAGUSD.FXCM - Historic Data not correct? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

ccaru
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 06:20 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Hello,

it appears that the historic data for XAUUSD.FXCM from 09/07/2010 to 30/06/2011 is missing.

Also, the data available only dates back to 10/2009. Is this all there is available?

Thanks in advance for your feedback on this issue.
Best regards,
ccaru

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 08:44 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Hello ccaru, I am seeing the same thing here and have reported it to our Market Data Services for Investigation. As to the historical data going back to 2009 i am seeing the same on the XAUUSD.FXCM and XAGUSD.FXCM. For most currency pairs they actually go back to 2008 as that is we started using the FXCM data-feed. I have also reported this to our Market Data Services dept to have them look into that as well. Once I have an update from them I will respond here.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 12:55 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Hello ccaru, ok for the Metal Forex currency pairs these are technically not available on the FXCM data-feed from IQFeed. However, for some reason these are coming through currently and we are looking into as to why they are. To recieve the Metal Currency Forex pairs we would need to sign you up for the Premium FOREX package to get these.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

ccaru
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 04:50 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Curtis, thanks for the prompt feedback.

I must state I am a little disappointed though, as the fees list on the website does state FXCM and Barclays feeds for basic Forex, and both metals are also listed under the available FXCM symbols, so this is a bit misleading when choosing packages.

Kind regards,

ccaru

TomUp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 06:51 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Hi this been resolved or this still the case?

I have sporadic gaps on XAGUSD.FXCM between 30/6/11 back to 29/09/10 and others.

Surely you either offer historic data or you don't, you should't just offer it with huge holes in it.

I was told the the FXCM data had historic data and these inconsistencies led to some very erroneous back-testing. Maybe you should say:

"Sure we offer FXCM data it just that its not very good. Caveat Emptor!"

Regards

Tom

stargrazer
-DTN Evangelist-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 07:19 AM          Msg. 6 of 7
Has the XAUUSD.FXCM symbol been changed? I do not see it in the mktsymbols_v2.txt file.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 08:00 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
This symbol has been deleted from the system because it should have never been available (and as evidenced by this thread, the data was not very good anyway).

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 2:18 AM CFBB v1.2.0 0 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003