Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Intra Day Hourly Data for @ES# 2003 - 2004
Author Topic: Intra Day Hourly Data for @ES# 2003 - 2004 (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 08:06 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hi Im trying to download @ES# intra day hourly data from 2003 - 2004 but can only seem to get data back to 6th of Sept 2005 ? Am doing this through Multicharts - is there a limitation on ES back this far?

Please advise?
Thanks
Morgan

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 08:09 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Yes, that is the limit for how far back minute data in IQFeed goes.

Xyzzy
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 03:10 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
To follow up on this post, is there any possibility that IQFeed could improve this and make additional minute data available for earlier time periods? I've spent some time backtesting a number of strategies, and this has been a real limitation for me. I've ended up purchasing additional ASCII data from third parties, which has been a real PITA.

It would be so much better if IQFeed could offer a few additional years of minute data itself. I'm not complaining -- you still seem to offer a large amount of historical data compared to other providers. However, if you could take it to the next level, you'd be even more awesome.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 02:45 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
OK, thanks XyZZy -
We appreciate the suggestions and are always interested in hearing how we could serve you better.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 8:15 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003