Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »How to prevent disconnection IQLink
Author Topic: How to prevent disconnection IQLink (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Anton Prihodko
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 12:23 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hello I have a question
I want to collect data from IQFeed Client (I installed the latest version) via DDE
To do this, I run IQLinkLauncher, click "Start IQLink" (there is a connection to the server) then I close the window IQLinkLauncher. I see two icons: IQConnectionManager and DDE. Then I turn on my program which collects data via DDE

Everything works fine, but ... As soon as I disable the program, the connection IQFeed client to the server, too, disappears (disappearing icons IQConnectionManager and DDE). I have to re-run IQLinkLauncher, that would reconnect

The same thing happens if I'm taking data from DDE in Excel. One has only to shut down Excel, as icons IQConnectionManager and DDE disappear. Can you please tell how to make that connection would not lost even if I temporarily disable programs that take data on DDE? And yet you please tell, how do I organize automatic connections (which would not have to press the button "Start IQLink" in IQLinkLauncher?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 10:39 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello Anton, what you are describing seems to be the way IQConnect is intended to function. As soon as all applications which use the feed have disconnected, IQConnect will shut down requiring to be relaunched the next time it is needed.

If you are really wanting to develop your own application to use IQFeed data, I would recommend that you signup to be a registered 3rd party developer. Doing so will give you access to complete documentation for the API including all necessary steps to launch or shutdown the feed programatically.

If you are just wanting to keep the feed running all the time, I would recommend that run another IQFeed compatible application alongside your DDE implementation for the sole purpose of keeping an active connection to the feed and keeping it running.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 04:08 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Slightly different situation here, but a solution that might work for this thread. I have an Excel spreadsheet that takes a while to crank up when first connecting with DDE/IQlink. To get around this, what I did was create a second spreadsheet that does just one thing - show the current price of a vanilla stock(pick your choice; maybe AAPL, MSFT, IBM, etc.). About as simple as possible. I crank -this- spreadsheet up and it connects right away w/DDE. Once this is up, I crank up my main spreadsheet(has lots of stuff in it), and it fires up right away. Only a second or two to fill in all of the values. I go ahead and leave the simple/starter spreadsheet up, in case I want to restart my main sheet, etc. At the end of the day, kill both and I'm done.

So, I'd suggest a starter sheet for the problem listed above, and leave it going, no matter what other sheets you're using.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 8:22 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003