Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Time&Sales, Options Tick info, missing 'Mkt Center', 'A Size', 'B Size' data.
Author Topic: Time&Sales, Options Tick info, missing 'Mkt Center', 'A Size', 'B Size' data. (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 04:18 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
Hi - I've expanded some of the Time & Sales Tick data I'm collecting for equity options.
Vanilla companies, such as some Dow 30 (IBM-ish type common options).
Added 'Mkt Center', 'A Size', 'B Size', which correspond to the traded exchange,
Ask size lots and Bid size lots.

When I run this live in a tick window, I get data for all three of these fields.
Works fine, no problemo...

BUT, at the end of the day, if I click on the green refresh button, all of the other
tick data I collect, such as TickID, etc, show up fine, but these three fields come
up either empty or all zeros.

What's up with this? This data should be retrievable, along with all of the other
info that's refreshed.

Running Win7, latest cuts of DTNIQ and the IQFeed, so software shouldn't be an issue...

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 04:21 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello AMA, when you click the green arror to refresh, new data is pulled in from our history servers. Unfortunately the market center, bidsize, and asksize fields are not available in historical data.

sma202
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 05:49 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Hi, is there any plan to add BidSize, AskSize to the historical data requests?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 09:51 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Are you looking for the Bid and Ask Size at the time of the trade, or historical quotes (bid/ask updates between the trades)? I am not sure of the value of providing the bid/ask size at the time of the trade but would be willing to listen if you have information that would justify adding this. We don't have any plans to provide historical quotes (between trades) within IQFeed since this is currently available via our NxCore service.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

sma202
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 08:46 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Jay,

Either one, bid/ask size at quote or trade would be better than nothing. You can't really backtest (without assuming very conservative assumptions) the liquidity and slippage during that period, i.e. the bid/ask size could be 10 but my strategy would be looking to fill 100 contracts.

Thanks

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 09:01 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
Based upon what I've encountered in terms of real time quote, market depth, and book walking, I think trying to make use of any quote information at the time of trade is an exercise in futility.

If you are trying to back test strategies based upon quote level information (which implies book level information), you are probably best off recording quote/trade changes through a trading day, and then back testing based upon what you've recorded as being important.

Bid/Ask values and sizes are very nebulous/transient in nature. You also have to be aware of the your round trips: the time to get the order to market, and when it gets executed (ie slippage), which is highly variable. And are you simulating market orders or limit orders? Simulations can have a hard time simulating 'touch' scenarios.

In the end, for my simulations, I record quotes during the day, and simulate off that stream, pretty much ignoring trades but for their trending and volume indications.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 10:05 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003