Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Not getting connection callback after call to RegisterClientApp
Author Topic: Not getting connection callback after call to RegisterClientApp (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

rbrodt
-Interested User-

What color is an orange?

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 07:31 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hi Steve,

I have already sent an email to support@iqfeed.net, but maybe someone else on this forum is experiencing the same problem...

I am developing a win xp app with ms vc++ 6.0 using the latest iqfeed client 4.5. Everything works fine on my development machine but when I try to run the app on a production machine, I am unable to connect. I am using SetCallbackFunction() then I spin off a separate thread to call RegisterClientApp() so that the main thread doesn't block. The iqfeed API never calls my callback. As I said before, this works in my dev environment but not in production. I have also tried running both the release and debug versions of the app on production and that did not work either. Also tried calling RegisterClientApp() from the main thread, same thing. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Bob

rbrodt
-Interested User-

What color is an orange?

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 08:56 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Never mind...I found my answer here:

http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2231

When I ran from the debugger, the app did not find the extra IQ32.DLL in the app install directory and everything was cool. But when I ran the app on production, I guess two instances of the DLL were being loaded.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 3:29 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003