Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »New Calculated Indicators
Author Topic: New Calculated Indicators (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)

lasker98
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 08:10 PM          Msg. 1 of 19
I have a few requests;
1) I would like to see TICK.Z updated more frequently, preferably every tick. I know Trade Station generates this in house for their customers in real time instead of every 5 or 6 seconds as done by DTN or NYSE. I think this would be easy enough for DTN to also provide. This would be a much more useful indicator as it would allow us to see the actual spikes up or down as they happen instead of now what we see is the accumulated TICK between the 5 or 6 second updates. I also think this is important enough that it could be selling a feature for DTN IQ Feed data over other feeds.
2)I would like to see a TICK based on the S&P500 stocks only as opposed to the TICK.Z which is based on all NYSE traded issues. Same idea as TIKI.Z for Dow 30 stocks.
3)I would like to see an S&P500 equivalent to JVNT.Z, JV4T.Z and JV5T.Z. It seems strange that the index which has the most actively traded derivatives (futures, etc.) is the one missing from those you provide.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 08:45 AM          Msg. 2 of 19
We do have a project on our list to decrease the time between snapshots. As I have mentioned in a previous thread, TICK isn't an accumulated number. It is a snapshot of activity at that time the snapshot is made. I would really like to see how TradeStation does a "real time" tick. If you have a Tradestation account, can you record a video so I can see it? Are you saying it updates every time ANY stock changes? That would equate to somewhere around thousands of updates per second. Or, are you saying they just send a snapshot every second?

Here are the symbols for the S&P 500 based indicators. A full list of indicators we calculate in our feed is available at http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index.cfm?guide=mktindices - choose "All Calculated Indicators/Breadth/Stats" from the pull down menu.:

II6D.Z S&P 500 ISSUES DECLINES
JI6T.Z S&P 500 ISSUES NET ISSUES
JT6T.Z S&P 500 ISSUES NET TICK
JV6T.Z S&P 500 ISSUES NET VOLUME
II6T.Z S&P 500 ISSUES TOTAL
II6U.Z S&P 500 ISSUES UNCHG
VI6D.Z S&P 500 ISSUES VOLUME DOWN
VI6T.Z S&P 500 ISSUES VOLUME TOTAL
VI6U.Z S&P 500 ISSUES VOLUME UNCHG
VI6A.Z S&P 500 ISSUES VOLUME UP
SP-PRM2.Z S&P 500 PREM COMPOSITE
SP-PREM.Z S&P 500 PREMIUM
PRSP.Z S&P 500 PREMIUM
PRSC.Z S&P 500 PREMIUM COMBINED SESSION

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

lasker98
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:49 AM          Msg. 3 of 19
Thank you for reply. I wasn't aware of all the S&P stats, that's great to know. As far as TradeStation and TICK, I don't have it myself but was led to believe from some I know that use it that TICK is updated real time. After looking into it more, it appears that it is as you suggest, a snapshot every second. Sorry for any misunderstanding. To clarify how you currently do TICK updates, do you mean that each time it updates, that is the actual TICK value at the instant the snapshot was taken? Meaning any values in between snapshots are ignored? Also, is it currently 5 second snapshots?

Thanks.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 10:57 AM          Msg. 4 of 19
correct. It updates every 5 seconds. TICK is a view of the instant the snapshot was taken. Thus, if the last trade on a stock was 10 seconds ago, the current price is compared to that last trade. If the last trade was 1 second ago, it is compared to that trade from a second ago.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 02:19 PM          Msg. 5 of 19
Jay,
I've mentioned this on other forums in the past but I'll bring it up again here. It seems to me you guys in the data business could make a few $$$ more per month by having "premium" content in the form of specialty indexes and indicators that you could calculate and charge extra for. For example, the NYSE used to have a 'high beta' index which many people thought was quite useful. The idiots got rid of it to save a few bucks but it was very useful. There are many others both in indexes and breadth statistics that could be easily done and published. After all, you already have most of the infrastructure. What do you think???

Can you give any reason as to why this is something not worth pursuing?
Edited by indextrader on Mar 3, 2009 at 02:21 PM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 02:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 19
We already provide an impressive list of calculated indicators. Of course we also are interested in expanding this. If you have suggestions for additional breadth indicators, we will take it into consideration for inclusion in our feed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 02:32 PM          Msg. 7 of 19
One set of breadth indicators which I don't see put out by anybody is 'change from OPEN'

Everyone has an 'advancers-decliners' (from yesterday's close).

What about advancers-decliners (from todays OPEN)?

Do you have the resources to compute simple indexes of 20-100 symbols?

This stuff would be worth extra $$$ per month and can set you apart from competitors.

Eventually, somebody will grab this market. It will be either scanner type services, index 'providers' or data providers like yourselves. Call it data 'customization' but I think a lot of the retail market is just not aware of the possibilities and the current set of data providers have very little imagination.

Thanks for listening!

Edited by indextrader on Mar 3, 2009 at 02:46 PM

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 12:15 AM          Msg. 8 of 19
How about breadth stats on the 'Russell 3000'? (the largest 3000 cos. traded in US)
If that's too intensive, maybe a combination of (S&P500+S&P400+S&P600) 1500 issues representing the S&P large, mid, small cap in 1 ?

If you had the capability to produce simple indexes, maybe produce 1 or more 'beta' indexes?

How about industry indexes?

A lot of indexes out there published by Dow Jones, while good for end of day use are garbage for intraday use. They're updated once in 5-10 minutes!

Again, I don't know what sort of capabilities your team has but this area has tons of potential.

I've tried doing some of this myself but for an end-user like me several obstacles prevent it...500 symbol limitation, lack of programming skill, costly undertaking, etc.
I've gone up to the above mentioned 1500 breadth composite using a competitor datafeed but it's never the same as when it's obtained by the end-user by simply typing a few symbols.

Thanks again!
Edited by indextrader on Mar 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM

sbutler
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 11:04 AM          Msg. 9 of 19
Hello,

I noticed that you now have tickers available for the various exchanges or indexes that show "Net Issues", meaning the differences between Advances - Declines. I am quite glad you have these new tickers and have been looking for a data feed that has this "Net Issues" data for a long time now. Am also very glad you have "Net Volume" symbols as well.

Question: Can you also create symbols that show the difference between New Highs - New Lows for the same exchanges or indexes? This would also be very helpful for traders in determining divergences or turning points. Would appreciate this very much as well.

Thanks...

Steve Butler

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 09:36 PM          Msg. 10 of 19
Hi Jay

You mentioned in the second post that you will be reducing the time between "snapshots" on the NYSE TICK. Has that been done? I am missing extreme TICK readings too often. Example, at 2:19 ct today there was a reading of +1109 and i only saw a high of approx. 850. That is important info. that is missing.

Also, will you be offering an SPX TICK?

Thanks.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:12 PM          Msg. 11 of 19
We have a release scheduled for the end of March which will increase the update freqency to once per second on most stats. We are also adding approx. 100 more indexes/stats to our offering. I don't have the full list currently, but will get one compiled and post it soon.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 01:49 PM          Msg. 12 of 19
very nice jay! thx.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:46 AM          Msg. 13 of 19
Just in case you didn't see this post:
http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2727

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 12:38 PM          Msg. 14 of 19
Great job, Jay!

lasker98
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 08:09 AM          Msg. 15 of 19
Hello,
Is NYSE TICK and Dow Jones TIKI included in this update? I was looking at the pdf with listed stats but didn't see these. If yes, are the symbols the same?
Thanks,
Bill

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:30 AM          Msg. 16 of 19
yes. These symbols have always been available, but are now updated once per second. NYSE NET TICK is JTNT.Z. DJ INDU Net Tick is TIKI.Z currently, but will be JT1T.Z in the near future as we have a legacy symbol issue that is keeping that running on the old symbology.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

dkr1
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 09:09 PM          Msg. 17 of 19
Hi DTN_Jay_Froscheiser ,

I am using the market stats from DTN.

Is it possible to add RUSSELL 2000 VOL ADV DEC RATIO as one of the symbols for charting. I believe, it is already being used by RUSSELL 2000 TRIN (RIRT.Z) as a part of its caclualation.

I would really appreciate if this could be added to the market stat symbols.

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 09:55 AM          Msg. 18 of 19
We don't currently have plans for a Volume Ratio, but I will get it on the list.

I wanted to make sure you were aware of the other symbols we do have on Russell 2000 however. These may be of interest to you if you aren't watching them currently. If your software can do formulas, you should be able to take VIRA.Z and VIRD.Z and create the ratio yourself in the mean time.

JVRT.Z RUSSELL 2000 ISSUES NET VOLUME
IRRT.Z RUSSELL 2000 ISS ADV DEC RATIO
VIRA.Z RUSSELL 2000 ISSUES VOLUME UP
VIRD.Z RUSSELL 2000 ISSUES VOLUME DOWN

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

dkr1
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 11:27 AM          Msg. 19 of 19
Hi Jay,

I thought it can be made available easily, as it is already a part of another symbol.

Yes, I am aware of the symbols listed above.

Thanks for getting it on the list Jay. I appreciate your response.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 10:54 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003