Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Got "Not Found" for valid tickers
Author Topic: Got "Not Found" for valid tickers (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

lvarga
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:58 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
At 11:19AM I got "Not Found" for OMX, MAC, and a few other tickers, was connected to 66.112.148.113 server. I've stopped/restarted IQ a couple of times until I finally got market data for these (and other) tickers, works fine since than on the very same server.

I've used the C++ Level1 Socket demo app. to ensure it's not a bug in our code (which produced the same not found errors), can PM the screenshots of the IQ Connection manager + the demo app if needed.

What could be these periodic "not found" errors be? At some point I got these "not founds" for 30 of the ~300 tickers I watched.

Thanks,
lvarga

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 11:03 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
We had a brief problem at the 66.112.148.XXX server farm this morning causing various symbols starting with the letters K-P to be returned as invalid on some servers. This issue has been resolved and no more problems are expected.

lvarga
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 11:14 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thanks for the prompt reply Steve, a few more questions:

1) would it be possible to post some kind of notification on this site in such a case stating that (in our case) 66.112.148.XXX servers may return invalid symbols, ETA for the resolution, than update once the problem is resolved? (If there's already such than could you please direct me there) Reason why I'm asking is that I've just spent 2 hours debugging our code as I initially thought it was a bug on my side, as such has error never happened before w/ IQFeed, next time I could save this time.

2) If say in the future I suspect that some servers are experiencing problems (say these 66.112.148.XXX servers), how could I force IQFeed not to connect to these or to connect to some specific servers. ie how to work-around once I suspect some servers are experiencing problems?

Thanks,
LVarga

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 02:02 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
LVarga, there is not currently any method in place for notifications. I certainly understand your fustration with debugging code that isn't actually bugged. In the future, I would recommend using the example apps as a first point of testing data related issues. If the example applications do not work, then there is a good chance that your app isn't the problem. I would also recommend getting in touch with our support department (email, chat, etc) to find out if such problems are known.

It is possible to force your connection to a different server farm by modifying your windows hosts file however it is not recommended because this bypasses load balancing which could potentially cause problems in the future. Due to the way the servers are load balanced, simply reconnecting a few time should get you to a different server farm.

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 05:50 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Quote: ...simply reconnecting a few time should get you to a different server farm.

I'd like to see a function in the interface to IQConnect that lets you request 'go on to next server' so that one can get another server immediately and not have to futz around with connection / disconnection until a different one comes up. This stays with your load balancing and lets us check quickly to see if it is a server issue. I am astounded sometimes in how many times I have to re-connect to get a different server.

Also, I have a big difference here in both latency and hops between the two server farms - 156 gives me 13 hops and an average latency of 43 m-sec, 148 gives me 19 hops and 62 m-sec. I have lower errors associated with the fastest system.

Thanks!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 12:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003