Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »commodity spread symbols?
Author Topic: commodity spread symbols? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 12, 2007 08:40 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
hiya :)

hmm, i thought i once seen something about spread symbols being avail,
but can't recall/find where it is here in dtniq-land.

was thinking both inter+intra market -- if avail.

any direction as to where to look for info/proper symbol entry to use?

thanx (:

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 12, 2007 08:46 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
You can lookup Exchange traded futures spreads using the Option Chain client in DTN.IQ. an example symbol would be CN7-CK8.

Our ProphetX product provides custom spread functionality using free-form functions or the sythetic symbol feature. You can spread any symbols (with multiple/complex strategies) in the client and chart them both intraday and historically.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 02:18 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
ahh, ProphetX - i saw it then when i was reading thru about it on the website!

...so if one upgrades to ProphetX, would ya lose the dtniq &/or iqfeed, or
would i still be able to run my 3rd party software while figuring out how
to re-code my stuff into your software, etc?

lbfvt!

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 02:24 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
Hello,

Prophet X is separate from DTN IQ/IQ feed. However, we could set you up on a Prophet X trial, and possibly extend that trial until you are comfortable you have everything transfered over. If you would like to start the trial, simply fill out the forms on the dtniq website, and we will send you a login ID. You can contact your sales rep(one will be assigned) if you need to extend the trial. Please let me know if you have any questions getting setup.

Thanks,

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 02:38 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
Just as an additional note on ProphetX. We do allow ProphetX users to have an IQFeed addon attached to their Prophet X account. This allows you to have all the functionality of ProphetX and still be able to access your third party software.

As Sarah mentioned trials are available, and you can contact your sales rep to discuss adding this feature on as part of your trial period.

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 07:24 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
...got it - thanks.. will give it a whirl in the near future.

just outta curiosity:
how come it's separate from dtniq/iqfeed?
i'da thunk it being fed via the iqfeed at least, eh?

thanks again as well :)
lbfvt

pigpen
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 12:35 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Tim is there an additional cost to have the IQ feed attached to a ProhetX account? I am considering switching to ProhpetX but would also like to be able to operate a 3rd party program that is compatible with IQ.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 02:02 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
The IQFeed when tied to a ProphetX subscription is discounted. This will allow you to run ProphetX and 3rd party software on the same machine at the same time.

The reason they are separate systems is due to various legacy reasons and the fact that we have a significant number of distributed installation (local server installations) of our ProphetX platform. We are looking at merging the ProphetX and IQ systems in the future to give everyone the best of all worlds. In the mean time, the can both be run at the same time on the same machine, so you will be able to accomplish everything you need.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 6:28 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003