Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs
Author Topic: Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 22, 2007 12:49 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Right now, @CCN7 and @CCZ7 show no bids or asks on IQFeed. At the same time, however, IB shows active trading (and a 4 point bid/ask spread).

At the moment, @CCN7 is (according to IB) bid 1924, ask 1928, @CCZ7 iis bid 1966, ask 1971.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 22, 2007 12:57 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
I am requesting market data to look at this now.

Thanks

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 25, 2007 12:02 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
Any feedback?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 25, 2007 01:43 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
I am sorry I submitted the wrong symbols, I sent in the pit trade which of course does not get bid and ask. I called it in and they are looking at the electronics now.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 01:40 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
I'm sorry if I'm a pain in the neck, but it's time for my weekly "any update" check. :-)

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 03:39 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
Sorry for the delay, Tim is out of the office for a few days. Let me see if I can track down who was handling this issue and get an update.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 03:52 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
OK, I am not sure who Tim was working with on this but I just had a chat with our Market Data group and they indicated that NYBOT does not send bid and/or ask prices (neither for pit traded or electronic contracts). As such, we have never had them.

Anyone who does have bid and/or ask prices for these contracts are probably getting thier data through ICE which apparently does provide this data.

This is complicated by the recent merger between ICE and NYBOT making it a possiblility that we will have the data available to us in the future but right now, we do not.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on May 31, 2007 at 03:53 PM

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 04:59 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
Hi Steve,

I'm confused, am I right with these statements:

- CCN7 is NYBOT floor Cocoa. It should not have bids or asks.
- @CCN7 is ICE electronic Cocoa. It should have bids and asks.

If your data source for @CCN7 is ICE, the bids/asks should be available as well?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 05:05 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
We receive @CCN7 from NYBOT as is indicated in the Listed Market Field in the fundamental message.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 05:08 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
So, @CCN7 is *not* the ICE contract?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 05:33 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
It is the ICE contract.

Essentially, the flow of data for these contracts is as follows:

ICE -> NYBOT -> DTN

NYBOT's datafeed does not provide Bids and Asks and as a result, the ICE contracts we currently get from NYBOT do not have bids and asks either.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 1:49 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003