Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Not getting the pre-market or after market data in Watch list or NasII screens
Author Topic: Not getting the pre-market or after market data in Watch list or NasII screens (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 26, 2006 12:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 14
I'm not receiving any pre-market or after market data in Watch list or NasII screens. Before opening bell all I see is zeroes in the Watch list. Then at the open everything lights up.

Anyone else getting this and how do I correct this? Btw, used to work fine for me. Same system, same high speed internet connection, same everything.

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 26, 2006 02:05 PM          Msg. 2 of 14
any thoughts?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 26, 2006 04:31 PM          Msg. 3 of 14
Can you provide a bit more detail on your setup. I am watching post market activity update right now within our DTN.IQ software. Are you using a 3rd party application? What symbols are you looking at? Can you tell me what server you are connected to (IP address in the IQFeed connection Manager). Also, what version of IQFeed/DTN.IQ are you running?
there are a couple other posts about this recently, but I am seeing the data stream through, so I am not sure if there is an particular issue/scenario we just haven't replicated here.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 26, 2006 05:43 PM          Msg. 4 of 14
i'll check the IP address when I get home. I'm not running any 3rd party apps. Both the watch list and nas level II screens I'm using are the apps provided with the dtniq service. Also, I'm running the latest version of everything. I updated a while ago and everything worked fine after the update. This has just started happening recently.

The watch list screen just shows zeroes in "Open", "High", "Low", "% Change", and sometimes "Last". The other columns like volume have data sometimes but they don't update. The nas level II screen opens with level 1 quote data and bid/ask data but then it never updates. it stays the same until 6:30 and then it fires up.

I'm watching Nasdaq symbols only. I'm also watching stocks that are receiving heavy action in the premarket, so I know it's not just because there's no action.

As luck would have it, I initiate all my positions at the opening bell based upon the activity in the pre market. So, as you can see this is really jamming me up.

I've gone through the usual routine of rebooting my system, rebooting the internet connection, re-registering the dtniq objects, etc... None of that should be necessary anyway because as soon as 6:30 rolls around the quote data comes in perfect. I would assume if there was a problem with my system or setup then I wouldn't get any quote data or feed.

my os is windows 2000.

thanks in advance for your help.
Edited by bmanning on Jul 26, 2006 at 05:44 PM

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 10:36 AM          Msg. 5 of 14
same problem still happening.

ip address is: 66.112.156.221

here are some screen captures of a watchlist window and nas lev II

the first image is nas lev II , MSFT. as you can see there's no action showing in the right pane. this image was recorded at around 6:20 and it had been up for 5-10 minutes. there wasn't a lot of activity at that time but there was enough to prove a problem with the feed.

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/458350/other/1.php

the second image is the watchlist. as you can see, EVVV is sitting at 16.19 both in ET Last and Last. the correct price was 17.50. also note that high, low and change are all zero.

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/458351/other/2.php

one other system config i forgot to mention is that i have a linksys router installed. the firewall is disabled (turned off) and i have opened all the ports that are used by dtniq/iqfeed.

again, this was working, nothing has changed with my system and the feed comes in great at opening bell.

any help would be greatly appreciated because i can't trade until i get the premarket feed working again.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 11:22 AM          Msg. 6 of 14
These screen shots were very helpful, however, I am not sure I can identify a "problem" based on these. It appears to be how it always has been.

In level II, you have the option set to grey out all market makers or just the MMID's with closed positions during non market hours. The data is still updating, it just won't show the color tiers. It might help me identify it further if you add the AGE and TIME fields in that Level II screen shot. I don't think the T&S that is integrated into the Level II app has every showed pre-post market trades. The regular T&S app within DTN.IQ (from the main DTN.IQ window) has an option to show pre-post market trades however (Form T). I would suggest taking a look at that window to see if it is showing what you expect.

On the watch list, you will only see the bid/ask and bid/ask volume and total volume update in pre-market activity. I can see where the volume appears to be there, and the ASK field on your screenshot shows that the ASK price is updating. for EVVV, you will notice the ASK is the proper price, and thus is updating. The high, low, and change will be zero until the market opens (it has always been this way).

I will try to look on Monday to see if all looks as it should. The only thing I see in your posts that could be an issue would be if the ET Last field isn't updating with pre market trades (it should ONLY show TRADES though). I have a feeling this is where I will find the problem. If so, we will be sure to look at getting it fixed right away.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 11:42 AM          Msg. 7 of 14
thanks for the tip on the main T&S screen. i'll check the pre market on monday. if it's updating then that will get me up and running.

i was 1000% sure that the change field used to update in pre market. i also remember having previous day data for high, low, open, etc... which was great for a quick reference when reviewing my trading rules. i can live without the high, low, open data but either change % or ET change % would be great.

one note on the level II screen is that no trades were showing in the time and sales pane. this has been the case since i noticed the problem. i did have the option to show pre-post market trades checked in the main T&S screen also. i don't know if the settings in the main T&S screen affect the T&S pane in the level II screen but i did have the main one set for pre market.

thanks again for your help.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 08:26 AM          Msg. 8 of 14
We have been watching some pre-market activity for the past 2 days to confirm what should be happening. We used CSCO as the test case. In pre-market, the T&S app will show formT trades and quotes if you have that option set. In addition, the ET Last and ET Change fields will update with any FormT trades. The Bid, Ask, Bid Size and Ask Size and Volume will also update. However, in the T&S component of the Level II app, it does not have the option to show FormT trades or Quotes. Thus, I would suggest turning that display off, and using the full T&S app.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 12:49 AM          Msg. 9 of 14
ok,

on monday i tried the main T&S screen with HERO which had reported earnings before market. i know there was pre-market action because I have another service that is delayed by 30 seconds (rendering it useless) and it showed plenty of trades. The main T&S screen sat blank for a good 10 minutes.

here is a screenshot
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468243/other/3.jpg

So I then changed the properties to only show that last 10 ticks and this is all I received for the duration of the pre-market (data from previous day).

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468244/other/4.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my T&S settings
http://server3.pictiger.com/img/454769/other/7.jpg

At 6:30 the data pours in.

Today, Tuesday, I opened Level II with QQQQ for about 5 minutes and no trades logged in the level II T&S screen either

screenshot
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468245/other/5.jpg

Later in the morning I was watching AMED and the data was coming in fine (after open) when all of sudden the "Low" column in the Level II window stopped updating. Bid, Ask, Last, etc... continued to update but not the "Low" which had just been breached. Maybe this has something to do with my other problems.

Notice in the screenshot in the T&S pane that some trades just rolled by at 39.33 and 39.34 yet the "Low" showed 39.35. This stayed this way for a few minutes until I closed the entire app down and restarted it. What's weird is all the other data continued to update just fine. Again, the only reason I mention this is because it may be related to my other data issues.
Also notice the 0.00 for "Open".

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468246/other/6.jpg

So, in summary, the main T&S screen behaves like the rest of the apps. Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DTNKaren
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 02:54 PM          Msg. 10 of 14
Would you be able to call me 1/2 hour before the market, or you could send me your number privately and I could call you. We would like to see if we see the same thing that you do when the market opens with alls settings the same.
800/397-7000
I get in at 7am Central time M-F

Thanks
Karen

*edited to add phone number*
Edited by DTNKaren on Aug 2, 2006 at 03:16 PM

DTNKaren
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 07:39 AM          Msg. 11 of 14
Good Morning,

I have been attemting to duplicate your problems and the screen shots are very helpful.

Are you able to change the *load tick data* from current day to *for xxxx tick*?

I was getting the same locked up TS for HERO as you were until I changed that setting and entered for 1000 ticks. Then it worked right away.

Can you confirm if this will work for you?

Thanks
Karen

DTNKaren
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 01:25 PM          Msg. 12 of 14
Hello
If you are not able to call, you can always come into chat by going to www.iqfeed.net
We are there from 630am Central to 6pm Central time Monday -Friday.

I watched the opening on Level 2 this morning and it did indeed show 0.00 for open, but as soon as the market opened, it was all filling in.

Please let us know if you are still having problems, or if changing that setting in TS resolved it.

Thanks
Karen

bmanning
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 12:01 AM          Msg. 13 of 14
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your efforts. I will try to call or chat with you next week before open.

Yesterday I tested the main T&S screen in after hours and it worked good. So, right now the main problem I'm having is the pre-market.

To help organize what's going on I'll list out the issues below:

1. T&S pane in the Level II window never shows trades in pre-market or after hours.

2. Main T&S screen hangs when "loading all tick data" in pre-market

3. Main T&S screen only shows ticks through previous day's close when loading a specified number of ticks. It does not update during pre-market. It works good in after market, though. In the screen shot below I loaded last 10 ticks but no pre-market trades logged after that.
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468244/other/4.jpg] <a href="http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468244/other/4.jpg" target="_blank">http://server4.pictiger.com/img/468244/other/4.jpg </a>

4. Watchlist "ET Last" column stops updating periodically, requiring a restart.
http://server5.pictiger.com/img/471994/picture-hosting/9.php] <a href="http://server5.pictiger.com/img/471994/picture-hosting/9.php" target="_blank">http://server5.pictiger.com/img/471994/picture-hosting/9.php</a>

5. Sometimes the "Low" column in both the Watchlist and Level II window does not update when low has been breached. A restart is also required for this.

6. This one is a little weird. While watching "QQQQ" in after hours on Tuesday I had the Level II window open and the main T&S screen open. For the first 5 minutes there were no line item trades logged in the Level II T&S pane. The "ET Last" was updating properly. Then the T&S pane updated and logged a trade, which happened to be the last trade of the regular session. When it did this, the "ET Last" column changed to this value and stopped updating the rest of the after hours trades. I had to restart to reset it. I included a screen shot.
http://server5.pictiger.com/img/471993/picture-hosting/8.php

My main goal right now is to get my pre-market data coming through. I can deal with the other issues as they come along, but the pre-market data is critical for me. I only include the other problems in case they have something to do with my pre-market problem.

Thank you again for all your help.
Edited by bmanning on Aug 4, 2006 at 12:04 AM

DTNKaren
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 06:55 AM          Msg. 14 of 14
Thanks again for the screen shots.
I will again, try and duplicate these problems.
Karen

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 6:02 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003