Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »new feed client
Author Topic: new feed client (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mlsignups
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 17, 2006 07:44 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Noticed today there was a new client software as of 7/6 on the site.

I've had some problems in the past w/ backfilling speed as well as AmiBroker problems (both of which I"ve posted). Do you know if this new update solves any of these issues? Can you share how this new version is different?

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 17, 2006 09:36 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
The backfill speed was increased in the latest version, but it isn't very noticable on most of the 3rd party clients. It is greatly increased for our own DTN.IQ client, which was using an older method for receiving historical data. In essence, we upgrade our DTN.IQ client to use the same interface that 3rd party apps use with IQFeed (so you can imaging how slow it was before!) In our testing, we see a slight increase in speed when pulling a large amount of tick or minute data. However, on small or medium sized requests (30 days or so), you won't see much difference.

There are a couple things within our history protocol which could be improved to increase the speed of retrieval. We are aware of it, and hope to get the protocol changed in the future. It isn't a quick change unfortunately and we have some other more pressing items we are working on getting released before we tackle it.

As for other general problems with Amibroker (or any other 3rd party software), there aren't any issues directly related to the IQFeed client that we are aware of. Any stability problems were addressed in previous releases, so as long as the 3rd party software utilizes the latest versions, it should be extremely reliable and stable. I run IQFeed 24/7 on a machine with 3 3rd paryt apps connected to it. The only time I stop or restart it is for MS security updates. During its operation, I start and stop various 3rd party apps (including DDE into Excel) throughout the day (never stopping IQFeed) and never have issues. If you can provide us some more details on any stability issues you are seeing with AmiBroker, we will do our best to work with them to address it.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 25, 2006 04:37 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
Re: AmiBroker.

We ran some tests internally to see if the new client improves download speed within AmiBroker. Here is our results:

Using 2 machines setup as follows:
Machine 1 - 1.6 Ghz with IQFeed 4.1.2.0
Machine 2 - 2.0 Ghz with IQFeed 4.1.0.0

Pulling 120 days of 1 minute data on INDU

Machine 1 took 7 seconds to pull the data.
Machine 2 took 15 seconds to pull the data.
Thus, the new version of IQFeed appears to be about 2x faster.

We also tested both versions of IQFeed on the same machine (not sure of the specs on this machine). Using 4.1.0.0 it took 30 seconds to pull the data (not sure why it took so long). Then installed 4.1.2.0 and it took 6 seconds to pull the data.

Using a different software package (Qcollector), we found that the download times between the 2 versions of IQFeed were nearly identicle, coming in at about 5 seconds.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

ppmoore
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 06:52 AM          Msg. 4 of 11
Silly question, but where is the new client software update? I searched both the Download and Support pages, and only found the link to the client software v2.4.6.0, dated Feb 23:
http://www.dtniq.com/template.cfm?navgroup=supportlist&urlcode=33&view=1

Perhaps you update the web site with this informatin, unless I was silly enough to have missed seeing it!

I'm using Amibroker, do I have to update anything on their side?

Many thanks,
Paul

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 06:59 AM          Msg. 5 of 11
That is the current version of DTN.IQ. We have a new version that will be released shortly. However, if you are looking for the latest version of IQFeed(v 4.1.2.0) you can download it from www.iqfeed.net.

http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=support§ion=download

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

ppmoore
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 11:38 AM          Msg. 6 of 11
Thanks Jay.

JangoFolly
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 04:35 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Hi. Is there an ETA for the new client?

Thank you.

Regards,

William

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 04:40 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
It was released http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1229

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

JangoFolly
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 04:56 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
Thanks for the quick reply, Jay. I'm sorry I didn't specify, but I would like to know the ETA of the next IQFeed client (later than 4.1.2.0). There's a NYMEX miNY backfill problem in 4.1.2.0 that I'm really itching to leave behind.

Thanks!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 05:11 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
If (let me know if I am mistaken) you are talking about the backfill data being multiplied by 100, this is a server related issue and the new server code should be released this weekend that will correct it. Please let me know if there is another issue you are referring to.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

JangoFolly
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 05:28 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
That is the issue.

Thank you.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 5:22 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003