Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »ProphetX Support »Processor Optimization
Author Topic: Processor Optimization (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 09:20 AM          Msg. 1 of 11
I have 12 indicies updating at 5 minute intervals, four currencies at 5 minute intervals, and two symbols at 5 minute intervals with the two symbols with studies containing PSAR, VOL, and MACD. In task manager, CPU utilization is quite high. In addition, when I add the I/O Read Bytes column in the task manager Processes tab, that number increases very very fast (even more so than my usual Read Byte hog aka Mcafee virus scanner).

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 05:56 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
Can you provide some more details on what you are seeing. What is the CPU utilization Px has a hold of, and what are the specs on your machine?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 02:00 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
This is going to take a bit of troubleshooting. My issues seem to arise after leaving the software open for long periods of time. This latest observation arises from starting the software earlier today. This latest observation is thus:

I have three tabs. I opened the software and just left it on the third tab, where it currently defaults. I came back to my desk this afternoon and attempted to go to the other tabs. Each of the windows now pops up a message box with the message with a window entitled 'Error' and the content of the window wiht 'Empty Expression', and an OK button. I click the button for each of the windows. The end result is that the windows are blank.

I gather the windows do not 'fill up' until you actually click on the tabls in which they reside? I can send someone my workbook if that helps.

My machine has one of those 3.2Ghz dual core E series so I see four cpu's in the task manager. It has 2G of memory.

At this point, processor utilization is minimal.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 02:07 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
Ok, now it is a wee bit irritating. I made the mistake of saving the workbook after clicking through those popups. I started ProphetX again. It appears as though I've lost the symbol definitions completely. The title bar of each symbol window now just shows 'Document'. Is my workbook toast now?

margep
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 02:30 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
I know you're not in the us - can you call our support group at the 800 #? If not please send an e-mail to prophetx@dtn.com with my name in the subject line - I need to get one of the dev. on the call as well...thks

margep
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 02:36 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
You do have a .bak file located in the "My ProphetX Files" - it's not visible in ProphetX but go your windows explorer and delete your current workbook and rename the .bak to the original name.
Yes, please send the workbook to the support address as well....

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 04:40 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
When creating a new chart, shouldn't the chart be auto-centering with new data? I thought they did at one time. Now when creating a new chart, the y-axis seems to range 180 to 1280. Then I have to go searching through for the data with various scroll and scale manipulations.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 04:48 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
Quote: When creating a new chart, shouldn't the chart be auto-centering with new data? I thought they did at one time. Now when creating a new chart, the y-axis seems to range 180 to 1280. Then I have to go searching through for the data with various scroll and scale manipulations.
--- Original message by stargrazer on Feb 24, 2006 04:40 PM
It sounds like you may have changed the axis scaling to be Pinned (fixed) to a max and min value, then saved a template to be the default template for the chart. In your chart, right click on the axis and go to properties. Then make sure the checkboxes for pinned min and max values don't have checks in them. Then save the template again for the chart.

or, you can clear your default chart template by going to the "Files" area, right clicking on the chart template, and choosing "Clear Default Chart Template".

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 04:50 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
one other note, you should be able to just hit the enter button and the chart should auto-recenter the data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 04:52 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
Is there an auto center function of some sort or some sort of preference I should be disabling?

-- edit: I just saw the Enter thing. So simple.
Edited by stargrazer on Feb 24, 2006 at 04:52 PM

margep
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 05:01 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
Hi Ray,
I just saw a report that shows that you are using an old version of ProphetX 3.0 - this may be the cause of all your problems - please go to our web site www.prophetx.com and download the released version. Before installing, please follow these steps:

BEFORE INSTALLING - go to Settings/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and delete ProphetX 3.0
THIS IS REQUIRED - search for any occurences of ProphetXPrefs.xml on your computer's hard drive and delete ALL occurences of this file. ProphetX will re-create it when you install.

In the beta process we changed and move the preferences files - this has caused some unexpected problems. Fortunately the solution is quite easy.

Please let me know....

Time: Sat April 20, 2019 3:57 AM CFBB v1.2.0 31 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003